Author Topic: Account Login forever saying 'authorisation failed. sorry'  (Read 2420 times)

Offline anthony.pc.legg

This is starting to drive me insane!

Can someone please help.  I finally got my avast password app working perfectly but now with the same login details i am unable to login to my mobile security via the android app.  It just keeps coming up with the same message.  Authorisation failed. Sorry.

I have uninstalled everything and reinstalled.  Deleted my account and created a new one. Chnged the passwords etc. Thats how i eventually got passwords working.  Just need to get mobile security to play nice now!

Any help is much appreciated 🤞

Just as an extra issue.  The app will not allow me to upgrade to go ad free.  Again, not authorised. Is Avast broken?

Oh, and Avast.  Please make the bot checking verification text below this text box READABLE! I have good sight ability and still cant read it. Had to use the audio - for visually impaired people.  Seriously, it great to have the check there but make it usable!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 02:03:14 AM by anthony.pc.legg »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Account Login forever saying 'authorisation failed. sorry'
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 05:42:40 AM »
Captcha is only needed for your first 3 posts. (Spam protection)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline anthony.pc.legg

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 08:33:13 AM »
Ok cool.

Gonna just skip trying to hook this up.  Its pretty clear avast have made it far to complex and making contact is near impossible.

Gonna go to avg instead and hope they are a bit more user friendly.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 09:19:18 AM »
That's up to you. Bye.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 12:25:17 PM »
I've got exactly the same issue,  just reinstalled my phone from fresh,  Avast   on Android won't recognise my account yet I can log in fine on the internet

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 12:30:26 PM »
I've got exactly the same issue,  just reinstalled my phone from fresh,  Avast   on Android won't recognise my account yet I can log in fine on the internet
Well, use the internet login then.

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 06:48:35 PM »
Hi, try this, please:
1) uninstall ALL Avast apps (remove the Avast Antivirus from Device Administrators first)
2) check there is no "Avast" in your device Settings → Accounts
3) remove the device from the Avast My Account
4) only then install the Avast apps back and log them back in the My Account

Regarding the inability to upgrade, could you please send us a screenshot of the error? These problems are usually on the side of Google Play, we can recommend you to try procedures described in this article:

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/1267137?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en