Author Topic: New Features  (Read 2613 times)

REDACTED

New Features
« on: April 19, 2018, 04:28:37 PM »
    I know we have already requested some of these feature changes, but I think they are important in making this product easier to work with, and spend less time trying to track down problems, that are not problems anymore

• Make it so that alerts like "Virus Def out of Date, Reboot Needed, Non-communicating devices alerts automatically clear themselves from the portal when they get resolved. We spend a lot of time with these alerts and find out that they are already all set by the time we look at them, which is a waste of our time. Right now, we have to Acknowledge EVERY alert to make it go away, which is silly, when the problems were already resolved on their own. This happens a lot when Monday morning, everyone turns their PC's back on and we get a lot of Virus Def's out of date, however, 5 minutes after the PC is on, the defs get updated.
    • Have some sort of a ticketing system or otherwise that will allow us to keep track of False Positive submissions. Right now, we submit, then we never hear anything back. It would be ideal to have a ticketing system that shows all open requests and their status
    • A way to change the amount of time before we get an alert. Would be ideal if we could set parameters like "If non-communicating for 8 days, alert us, or If Virus defs more than 4 days out of Date, alert us, or Restart needed more than 5 days, alert us. We are getting way too many alerts for items that really aren't an issue. We are trying to minimize alerts that are important "yet". We feel like we should be able to set our own thresholds.  "
    • Have it alert us BEFORE non-communicating devices come back online. I believe this is still the case, but we do not get non-communicating device alerts UNTIL the device comes back online, which kind of defeats the purpose. If a PC is turned off for a year, I don't need to get an alert on day 365 that it's not communicating.
I believe in this product, I think it does an excellent job on protection, now we just need to fine tune the back end, to make it easier for the people that manage it day to day.