Author Topic: Schedule Bug  (Read 4856 times)

sowen

Schedule Bug
« on: December 31, 2003, 10:13:35 AM »
I have a Virus-scan (all disks, all files) scheduled to run at 0300 every morning. Last night, I edited the schedule, and checked the 'disabled' checkbox, because I was running a full-backup and wanted it to run as quickly as possible.

Bug: Despite being 'disabled', the scheduled task ran.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2003, 10:38:20 AM by sowen »

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re:Schedule Bug
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2003, 05:19:49 PM »
I think you are helping the alwil team more than any of us as far as bug reports  :D
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

sowen

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2003, 05:55:42 PM »
I certainly hope they experience it as 'help'. ::)

It's unusual to find a support forum this good (i.e. where the company actually takes you seriously, and responds), and I want to provide all the information I can to make this an even better product. As I said in another post, the features are excellent, it's just the Enhanced interface which seems to need the most attention. And since that's what the paying customers use, it wouldn't surprise me if the Avast team is most interested in solving those problems. ;)

But besides using it for my personal server, as head of a computer department with 8000+ users, I'm also interested in finding a good performing, well supported scanner as an alternative to the Norton and McAfee 'alternatives'. So again, I'm glad to help if it means I get a better product out of it.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2003, 06:54:17 PM »
I certainly hope they experience it as 'help'. ::)

It's unusual to find a support forum this good (i.e. where the company actually takes you seriously, and responds), and I want to provide all the information I can to make this an even better product. As I said in another post, the features are excellent, it's just the Enhanced interface which seems to need the most attention. And since that's what the paying customers use, it wouldn't surprise me if the Avast team is most interested in solving those problems. ;)

But besides using it for my personal server, as head of a computer department with 8000+ users, I'm also interested in finding a good performing, well supported scanner as an alternative to the Norton and McAfee 'alternatives'. So again, I'm glad to help if it means I get a better product out of it.

Glad to hear that you have such a possibility...
Hmmm, avast! is never a 'alternative' for McAfee and Norton. Avast! is avast!, better than any other. Sorry, I'm fanatic  ;D
The best things in life are free.

Offline Roman Svihalek

• Avast team
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2004, 01:42:59 PM »
And did you perform changes to scheduler using terminal services or standard desktop? This could occur when using not fixed version on TS - if this is the case so it is just same bug as you have reported some time ago.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2004, 06:45:30 PM »
But besides using it for my personal server, as head of a computer department with 8000+ users, I'm also interested in finding a good performing, well supported scanner as an alternative to the Norton and McAfee 'alternatives'

Our 'network edition' shouldn't take much longer anymore. Features include remote deployment, central manageability (policy definition and distribution), hierarchical mirrored updates, strong reporting capabilities and anti-tampering mechanisms for non-admin nodes.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.