Author Topic: Can't stop renewal of Avast Cleanup subscription  (Read 4482 times)

Offline tencats

Can't stop renewal of Avast Cleanup subscription
« on: April 26, 2018, 12:34:52 AM »
I tried Avast Cleanup for 2 months now and as I do not see any added value for myself or my pc, I tried to stop the "auto-renewal". First of all, a trial version should never go into a fixed annual subscription at all, but if so, don't make it hard to cancel! Unfortunately I can't do this online as your server is not willing to co-operate. Please clean-up my account from Avast Cleanup before my credit card is charged.

Thanks.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Can't stop renewal of Avast Cleanup subscription
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 05:13:33 PM »
I tried Avast Cleanup for 2 months now and as I do not see any added value for myself or my pc, I tried to stop the "auto-renewal". First of all, a trial version should never go into a fixed annual subscription at all, but if so, don't make it hard to cancel! Unfortunately I can't do this online as your server is not willing to co-operate. Please clean-up my account from Avast Cleanup before my credit card is charged.

Thanks.

Hello,

We apologize for your troubles. The process for unsubscribing is really terrible and we are already working on improvements to make it easier and clearer.

I just checked the status of your Cleanup subscription and it seems that it has been already cancelled so you don't need to worry about charging your credit card.
The license is still valid until May 8th so you can keep it if you will.

Have a nice day.
Avast team.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 06:26:19 PM »
I have the same problem-
i need help

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 06:39:36 PM »
-> https://support.avast.com/article/24/ (Orders and Renewals)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 11:03:21 AM »
I have same problem I don't need  more AVAST Cleanup now, I can't stop renewal subscription, it's completely not fait as all the times you want to charge my card !!!

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 11:10:28 AM »
I have same problem I don't need  more AVAST Cleanup now, I can't stop renewal subscription, it's completely not fait as all the times you want to charge my card !!!

Hi,

I can see that the Cleanup license you have associated with the email you have registered here on Avast Forum is already expired (it expired on April 18th) and it has not been prolonged.
That means you credit card has not been charged and the license is no longer valid.

I hope this answered your questions and concerns.
If not, feel free to contact me.

Thank you and have a nice day.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2018, 01:59:17 PM »
I raised this query on the 20th April. After TWO WEEKS of trying, I finally got far enough into my  account to see that the 'order' is cancelled. At least that is what is says. It still classes the order as 'valid' on the home page, though. I'll be contacting my card provider to make damn sure that no payment is taken and won't touch Avast or their products ever again.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2018, 04:09:44 PM »
I raised this query on the 20th April. After TWO WEEKS of trying, I finally got far enough into my  account to see that the 'order' is cancelled. At least that is what is says. It still classes the order as 'valid' on the home page, though. I'll be contacting my card provider to make damn sure that no payment is taken and won't touch Avast or their products ever again.

Hi,

I am sorry that you struggled that much with the cancellation process. We know that it is terrible at the moment and we are already working on making it easier and more transparent.

However I can confirm that your subscription has been already cancelled in our systems.
Your trial period is valid until June 3rd and once it will expire you shall not be charged for any money.

Thank you.