Author Topic: Detecting Virus Every Time I Backup  (Read 1751 times)

REDACTED

Detecting Virus Every Time I Backup
« on: April 30, 2018, 04:13:16 PM »
I recently started using Carbon Copy Cloner to create a bootable backup of my system drive as well as data backups of several external drives. Every time a backup is performed, 8 files are added to the Virus Chest in Avast and I'm getting a warning. These files have already been deleted from the system drive via Avast, so I don't know how they're being copied each time there's a new backup, or why Avast is recognizing them as a virus. I've attached a screenshot of the virus chest.

Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Detecting Virus Every Time I Backup
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 01:56:08 PM »
   8 files are added to the Virus Chest in Avast and I'm getting a warning. 
What does the detection message from avast say .... All info, or post a screenshot

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 03:55:33 PM »
I've attached a screenshot here. It seems to have stopped, although I haven't done anything differently. I'm deleting the files in the virus chest from yesterday, maybe that will trigger it to catch them during the next backup in a few minutes–I'll update.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 04:54:41 PM »
  I'm deleting the files in the virus chest from yesterday, maybe that will trigger it to catch them during the next backup in a few minutes–I'll update. 
No, whatever is or is not in the chest has nothing to do with detection. Chest (quarantine ) is just a storage container for malicious files detected

Anyway the detected item on your screenshot  is not dangerous, more annoying

https://fortiguard.com/encyclopedia/virus/7516044

« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 05:03:09 PM by Pondus »