Author Topic: ALWAYS BUY YOUR AVAST FROM A RETAILER  (Read 1201 times)

REDACTED

ALWAYS BUY YOUR AVAST FROM A RETAILER
« on: April 30, 2018, 12:28:12 PM »
There is no doubting Avast is great anti-virus but following recent experiences I would always in future buy from a retailer.  I was on autorenew for my anti-virus.  The money was taken via Paypal and I got a licence with message that I need do nothing as the software would automatically renew itself.  Some months later I thought the anti-virus was not working - I emailed Avast and was told to follow certain steps to load the licence again.  It still did not work.  After spending a whole day uninstalling the software and reloading it and speaking to Avast in the Phillipeans I still could not get the anti-virus to work.  Avast eventually said there was a problem with the Licence.  In the meantime I had been hacked.
I ended up going into my local retailer who happens to be a reseller of Avast products, he tried to load the licence and could not.  He also tried to speak to Avast about the problem with the licence but couldn't do that.  I managed after lots of hassle to get a refund from Avast as there would severe communication difficulties (though they made me pay the Paypal fees!).  I also had to pay for the retailer trying to speak to Avast and again Avast would not pay.  The retailer has installed some anti-virus on my machine and all is now well.  I would never again attempt buying any form of anti-virus over the internet - always go to a trusted retailer.  I got Avast anti-viurs on my laptop when I bought it but bought two upgrade packages afterwards.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: ALWAYS BUY YOUR AVAST FROM A RETAILER
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 12:37:08 PM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

Re: ALWAYS BUY YOUR AVAST FROM A RETAILER
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 12:45:20 AM »
Product was definitely purchased from proper Avast with head office in the Czech Republic.