Author Topic: Random theft alerts  (Read 6498 times)

REDACTED

Random theft alerts
« on: May 07, 2018, 10:20:44 PM »
recently I have had my phone suddenly start saying it is lost or stolen - once a week or 2 ago in the middle of the night again a few days ago and a couple of times today
Today I got the phone open but the alarm stopped before I could fully enter my pin. On the other occasions by the time I got to the phone the alarm stopped.
I looked today, online, and my phone reports it has an untrusted SIM (it has not been changed recently) - I am unable to mark it trusted from the web portal.
Looking in the online notification log I can see entries from 2 days ago suggesting the SIM or number was changed (3 times in 2 minutes) which it was not but there is nothing in the log from the 2 instances today or the incedent a few weeks ago.
Any idea why, for no apparent reason my phone alarms as stolen and then stops again for no reason? Any idea why my phone shows as having an untrusted SIM that can't be set to trusted?
Thanks
Peter
(Advised to repost here)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 10:29:24 PM by Peter876 »

Offline zanven

Re: Random theft alerts
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 09:46:01 PM »
I've been having the same issue for a while now so I came to the forums for an answer. Did you get this resolved. Anyone else have a solution?

Offline Jessica202

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 08:51:54 AM »
I am also having the same problem, and support is not replying to my queries about this. I've contacted my phone provider (Fi) and nothing has changed with my SIM, so this seems more than a little odd.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 09:33:08 AM »
Provide details...
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline zanven

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2019, 08:08:46 PM »
My phone was also on the Fi network so maybe that has something to do with it. It hasn't happened in a while but if it does I'll post details.