Author Topic: Avast did not accept my license  (Read 2953 times)

REDACTED

Avast did not accept my license
« on: April 20, 2018, 12:18:31 PM »
I have this problem for about 2 weeks now. Avast VPN works fine on another PC, but it doesn't work on mine. Whenever I want to connect to any server, it says: "The server did not accept your license". What should I do? Support said I have to wait for the next upate - how long? Month? Year? If it works on another PC, then what's the point of waiting for the update. I also think it is something with invalid IP settings, as it seems turning off everytime I try to connect.

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
Re: Avast did not accept my license
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 07:59:23 AM »
If you have a multi-PC license, then using a 3 PC license is what you should have.  You shouldn't have any issues running your vpn's on more than one machine.

However, if you have a license for only 1 PC, you'll need to remove your copy of your license from the other PC you are not using and apply it to the one you wish to use to make it work there.  You'll also need to remove the Securline VPN feature from the PC you won't be using the license for and then enable that feature on the PC you are using.

If you don't do the above, and have a single PC VPN license, you'll get the error you are seeing.  "Your SecureLine VPN license has been refused.", when you try to use the same 1 PC license on two machines at the same time.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801