Author Topic: Avast Business Cloud Management Console Version 5.6  (Read 4162 times)

Offline Sean.G

• Avast team
Avast Business Cloud Management Console Version 5.6
« on: May 09, 2018, 09:47:49 PM »
Hi,

Avast Business Cloud Management Console 5.6 will be released on May 10th 2018. This release delivers some bug fixes and a brand new Master Agent feature. You will be notified when the release has occurred upon logging into your Avast Cloud Management Console.

Master Agent Feature:

This new feature allows you to set one or multiple devices to act as the Master Agent that will download the Antivirus installer file, Virus Definition Updates and Program Updates. You can also set those same devices as the Local Update Server which means that devices on your network will obtain those Virus Definition Updates and Program updates directly from that device saving bandwidth across your whole network.
If you are using Active Directory to deploy the Antivirus installer, the installer file will be obtained from the Master Agent and not from the internet.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed issue with “Internal Server” error message appearing when attempting to change settings template without assigned device.
  • Fixed issue importing large XML file to the Management Console when using the Transfer from Other Consoles setting.
  • Resolved issue with overlapping reinstallation and restart messages in the “Devices” area.

Bugs and more information can be found in our release notes below:

Avast Business Cloud Management Console Version 5.6 Release Notes

Regards,

Your Avast Business Team

REDACTED

Re: Avast Business Cloud Management Console Version 5.6
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 08:46:00 AM »
I haven't been able to find anything to do with Master Agent on my cloud console.  Avast for Business Basic.  Is Master Agent only for specific subscriptions?  Where can we find more about this?

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 09:48:11 AM »
I haven't been able to find anything to do with Master Agent on my cloud console.  Avast for Business Basic.  Is Master Agent only for specific subscriptions?  Where can we find more about this?
The same situation for me too!

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 11:37:05 AM »
There are two different cloud consoles:

• Avast for Business Cloud Console for Avast for Business Endpoint Security and Avast for Business Premium Endpoint Security.
  • Avast Business Management Console for Avast Business Antivirus, Avast Business Pro and Avast Business Pro Plus.

AfBCC has not master agent functionality, this is only for ABMC.

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 08:59:50 AM »
AfBCC has not master agent functionality, this is only for ABMC.

I suspect there is a lot of confusion going on with similarly branded products (ie, putting the name "cloud" in everything).  As far as I am concerned, this subforum was started for what is now called AfBCC.  I hope future announcements from Avast consider that  ;)

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 10:28:02 AM »
AVAST Software is planning an automatic migration from AfBCC to ABMC for current customers. Both consoles use the same agent for the devices, and both consoles are very similar, but ABMC has more develop: reports, master agent, Remove Competitive Antivirus Products...

You only have to wait!