Author Topic: Chrome browser script performance (Windows 10)  (Read 1276 times)

REDACTED

Chrome browser script performance (Windows 10)
« on: May 12, 2018, 11:17:00 PM »
I've noticed some performance issues when running our web app in Chrome. The app is written in AngularJS. I profiled the performance issue to when AngularJS processes filter expressions (i.e., with $filter) when compiling a directive's HTML. At first I thought it was a performance issue in our app, but the problem goes away when I uninstall Avast.

The specific UI component where I notice the performance issue normally takes under a second to render. With Avast, it takes over 2 seconds. I DON'T experience this problem with Firefox, IE, Edge.

I would like to continue to use Avast, but this issue might turn me away from it. I'm using the free Antivirus on Windows 10 64-bit. I hope the Avast team can investigate and fix this.

Offline kwiq

• Avast team
Re: Chrome browser script performance (Windows 10)
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 09:13:05 AM »
Hi HMQ,
can you share url to your app and some steps how to reproduce the issue ?
Thank you
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 05:41:01 PM by kwiq »

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 02:58:33 AM »
It's not publicly available. I'll see if I can put something on a codepen when I have the time.

I also tried installing without the Web shield and Behavior shield, but the problem was still there. I also tried adding the site to the script exclusion list but that didn't do anything either.

Offline kwiq

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 07:56:25 AM »
Hi HMQ,
I wanted to suggest the exclusion list as temp. workaround.
You can disable script scanning in web shield component.