Author Topic: taskmgr.exe  (Read 4875 times)

taskmgr.exe
« on: June 27, 2006, 10:05:20 PM »
Techs, Administrators, Specialits

I just cleaned my system of over 100 infected files, now i have (will i consider it anyway) a major problom. As you may have gussed, im having some trouble with "Task Manager" .... I left clicked on the Taskbar and Task Manager is blanked out  ??? .... so i tryed to open it from withen system32 directory it indicates i dont have permission !?

Anybody know what might be going on here ?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: taskmgr.exe
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 12:11:10 AM »
Do you havethis file? C:Windows\System32\taskmgr.exe

After all these infections, won't it be better, at least, overinstall Windows and then update Windows again?
The best things in life are free.

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 03:02:28 PM »
Well i tryed that once before and i actually lost access to other data i had on my hard drive, games and stuff.

I figured since Avast doest clean your registry, id take a look in to some things and see what i could do. The taskbar issue i actually fixed, but now i just noticed this morning that i seem to be locked out of changing my background picture.

I know this is off topic but i tryed to delet this particular file from within "Tempory Internet Files" and for some reason i couldnt, so i tryed to delet it from the command prompt "cmd" and it said it couldnt find the file.

Spiritsongs

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 05:48:55 PM »
 :)  Hi "113081" :

Some files with "temp" are actually very serious spyware
     and its removal should be guided by an antiSPYWARE
     Expert; what antiSPYWARE program(s) have you run &
     what were the results ? I suspect you should be asking
     for help in the Support forums of your antispyware
     Provider !?