Author Topic: Full System Scan doesn't work OS 10.13.5  (Read 2075 times)

REDACTED

Full System Scan doesn't work OS 10.13.5
« on: July 17, 2018, 06:36:17 PM »
Hi, when I hit the "Full System Scan" button nothing happens with the progress bar. I see the "scan duration" counting up, but scanned files stay at 0. When I try other functions, like "WIFI Inspector" it works fine. I was able to run the full scan in the past with no issues. I'm using the paid version - Avast Security Pro, and am on a Mac Pro, OS 10.13.5. Thanks.

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
Re: Full System Scan doesn't work OS 10.13.5
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 10:15:20 PM »
Hello Denny, looks like a bug. Does anything else change? e.g. Scanned files, Last scanned file, etc.
Would you mind to share a screenshot? And what's your macOS version? Anything changed in your configuration from the time when it worked? (e.g. macosx update, product update, some other sw installed, etc.)
Quality is also a feature.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 02:27:44 AM »
Thanks for the reply. After updating my mac OS from 10.13.5 to 10.13.6 the Avast full system scan is working. It may have been the system software update that helped, or I may have just run out of ram, so a reboot of my CPU freed memory up, and it began working properly again.

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 11:45:43 AM »
great to hear that it works again!
Lukas.

Thanks for the reply. After updating my mac OS from 10.13.5 to 10.13.6 the Avast full system scan is working. It may have been the system software update that helped, or I may have just run out of ram, so a reboot of my CPU freed memory up, and it began working properly again.
Quality is also a feature.