Consumer Products > Avast Secure Browser for Windows

New Browser - Lost All My Shortcuts and Folders

(1/4) > >>

REDACTED:
I am not a happy camper. Woke up this morning to find this new browser self installed and it did not keep any of my shortcuts and folders. I am pissed. Is there any way to go back to the old browser and find my shortcuts and folders? Importing bookmarks from other browsers is useless since I haven't used those in a very long time. I used my shortcuts all the time. Now I am lost.

REDACTED:

--- Quote from: samysam1313 on May 16, 2018, 08:42:32 PM ---I am not a happy camper. Woke up this morning to find this new browser self installed and it did not keep any of my shortcuts and folders. I am pissed. Is there any way to go back to the old browser and find my shortcuts and folders? Importing bookmarks from other browsers is useless since I haven't used those in a very long time. I used my shortcuts all the time. Now I am lost.

--- End quote ---

I feel you, mate! Same shit happened to me as well, and from the looks of it you need not wait for help - none will come.  :(

But if you happen to find a way about it by yourself, please PM me, since probably I will not be spending another week here hoping for a miracle!

REDACTED:
same here , following

ondrejz:
Hi

I am sorry to hear that. This is not expected behavior. The import from SafeZone should be automatic but obviously it fails sometimes. Bookmarks and other data are backed up. Do not worry.

1. Please check your bookmarks bar in Secure browser. Is there any "SafeZone" folder on it?
2a. If not, please open the browser menu -> Bookmarks -> Import Bookmarks, select "SafeZone" and click Import
2b. Alternative way: When you open the Secure Browser, there should be an on-boarding screen displayed. You can select "Custom" and choose "SafeZone" from the drop-down menu

There is no way to install SafeZone again. The product development is discontinued. The new Secure Browser is a better and faster successor.

REDACTED:
There was no "automatic" installation of the Avast Secure Browser. Avast gave me the opportunity to download and install it. I did.

The Avast Secure Browser install app asked if I wanted to preserve all of my bookmarks, tabs, passwords, etcetera from SafeZone. I answered, "Yes!" Then, I was given a choice of Express (Recommended) or Custom Install (which had Internet Explorer grayed out). I figured my previous selection was the Express Install and went with that. WRONG!

NONE of my tabs (wish I had saved them to bookmarks!), bookmarks, passwords, etcetera were saved from SafeZone! Instead, only what I had in Internet Explorer, from years ago, were brought in to Avast Secure Browser. BOGUS!

In addition, whereas SafeZone (which was MUCH BETTER than the Avast Secure Browser!) allowed me to login to my Facebook and Twitter accounts and kept my login info for me, the Avast Secure Browser tells me over and over that there is NO SUCH ACCOUNT FOR MY EMAIL ADDRESS in both social networks! However, I am logged into both on my smartphone!!!

There was and is no SafeZone folder in the new Bookmarks bar. "Importing" SafeZone Bookmarks did NOTHING. Since there is no such as an "onboarding screen," there is also no such as "Custom" or "SafeZone" in a dropdown menu.

As far as my experience goes, the Avast Secure Browser is a piece of trash! Even Opera is far better than this. So, I have currently returned to using Firefox.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version