Author Topic: License activation problem  (Read 6668 times)

REDACTED

Re: License activation problem
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2018, 03:30:52 PM »
Hi,

we apologize for the inconveniences caused by our new license management component.

Thank you for the detailed report including the screenshots but would you mind send us log files as well so we can investigate what is the root cause of this issue?
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe.
Just please add your email address there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you!
Good morning,
even the software for creating the log returns an error, absurd.
I attach error file and txt file with log to video.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2018, 03:45:37 PM »
Hi,

we apologize for the inconveniences caused by our new license management component.

Thank you for the detailed report including the screenshots but would you mind send us log files as well so we can investigate what is the root cause of this issue?
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe.
Just please add your email address there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you!
Good morning,

Hi,

seems that communication to our FTP server failed for some reason (maybe you have it blocked on Firewall or something prevents us from communicating with it).
Anyway could you please look for the file created by the utility (I will send you the exact path to private message in order to not expose you email address here on the forum) and then just send me the .zip archive as a reply?

Thank you very much!

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2018, 04:10:34 PM »
Hi,

Thank you!
Good morning,

Hi,

seems that communication to our FTP server failed for some reason (maybe you have it blocked on Firewall or something prevents us from communicating with it).
Anyway could you please look for the file created by the utility (I will send you the exact path to private message in order to not expose you email address here on the forum) and then just send me the .zip archive as a reply?

Thank you very much!
I send you email.

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2018, 04:24:34 PM »
I attempted to order the 30-day free trial on May 15, 2018 but had problems with the download as well. (Order ID: 13760683638). Today, May 18, 2018 I received an email stating, "Thank you for ordering from AVAST Software s.r.o. through our authorized reseller, Digital River Inc., on May 15, 2018. We regret to inform you that we have not yet received your payment, and therefore your order has been canceled. We want you to protect yourself, so we have a Last Chance Discount for you. Complete your order now with a discount of up to 60% off."

1. Is the 30-day free trial actually a 3-day billed trial?
2. Really? Last chance discount of 60% off? Who is Avast's marketing person, a used car salesman? Classic bait-and-switch!

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2018, 12:04:17 PM »
Hi,

Thank you!
Can you confirm if you received my log file or not as have not heard back from you.
Regards Bryan.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2018, 05:00:30 PM »
Hi Bryan, the devs will be back on Monday.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2018, 09:12:32 AM »
Hi,

Thank you!
Can you confirm if you received my log file or not as have not heard back from you.
Regards Bryan.

Hi Bryan,

I can confirm that we've received the log files from you.
Thank you very much for sending them we are now trying to find out where is the problem.
Once we will be able to identify it we will start working on getting it fixed as soon as possible.
Please be patient, I will keep you informed about the progress.

Thank you.

REDACTED

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2018, 11:44:08 AM »
Good morning,
I am always waiting for a solution to my problem.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2018, 12:42:25 PM »
Good morning,
I am always waiting for a solution to my problem.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Hi,

sorry but I didn't get any email from you up until now.

Nonetheless we are already working on a fix of the license activation problem and the update will be released in the upcoming days.
I will announce it here on the forum once it will be live.

Thank you for your cooperation.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 01:58:26 PM by Stellarman »