Author Topic: JS:Miner-C [Trj]  (Read 1601 times)

REDACTED

JS:Miner-C [Trj]
« on: May 20, 2018, 05:20:37 AM »
Hey folks! So I was just taking the meme compass test and Avast popped up twice saying "threat has been detected", said it was JS:Miner-C [Trj] and that it's been blocked and prompting me to run a smart scan. I did and no infected files found, but I went to do a full system scan anyway and when I got to the page (b4 I ran the scan) it showed the two identical trojans and asked what to do with them, I just put it on auto-resolve and the trojans didn't show up in the virus chest so I'm assuming they got deleted (maybe they were already in the virus chest since the smart scan showed no infected files? Bear with me I'm not that tech savvy)? Ran a full virus scan after that, it didn't find any infected files and my computer's acting fine - it's been over an hour since the whole thing went down. I guess my question is if I should be fine or if I should run a boot-time scan just in case? Avast usually prompts those on its own (it didn't this time) and I'd really rather not, they give me bad anxiety. Idk, thoughts, opinions?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: JS:Miner-C [Trj]
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 12:23:33 PM »
I guess my question is if I should be fine or if I should run a boot-time scan just in case?   
Boot time scan does not do anything that you have not already done, it is the same engine and signatures that is run

Boot time scan is to be used if you have problems removing a already detected infection