Author Topic: advanced web shield is off  (Read 6476 times)

REDACTED

advanced web shield is off
« on: May 20, 2018, 05:49:02 PM »
avast has been crashing a lot, lately. Today during security scan, it stated I had 1 threat. Advanced web shield is off. I followed instructions in the accessibility menu to turn Avast on, but it was already on, so I backspaced twice and it will not let me turn web shield on. It keeps telling me to turn Avast on.????

Offline ondrej.kolacek

• Avast team
Re: advanced web shield is off
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 11:38:10 AM »
Hello,
you are unfortunately right, in 13.6/13.7 we have touched part of code in webshield which caused us a lot of issues, which was compounded by overzealous popups reporting this. Please, do you already have 13.8? That version should be stable.
Kind regards
Ondrej Kolacek
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 11:40:46 AM by ondrej.kolacek »

Offline Adriana62

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 06:41:12 PM »
Since I upgraded to Avast Mac Pro crashes all the time disconnecting the shields and marking the computer not being secured. I have the latest definitions so not sure what is the issue. When doing a full system communication to the Avast security engine is lost but my internet is working. Can you help?

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 12:10:04 AM »
Adrina, would you mind to check that you are on the latest version? Avast UI > Preferences > Updates > Program : Update Now.
If you are on up-to-date (latest is version 13.8), then please send us a support package from your installation - https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Submit-Mac-Security-support-file

Since I upgraded to Avast Mac Pro crashes all the time disconnecting the shields and marking the computer not being secured. I have the latest definitions so not sure what is the issue. When doing a full system communication to the Avast security engine is lost but my internet is working. Can you help?
Quality is also a feature.