Author Topic: :: My offer to Alwil ::  (Read 5728 times)

S.Z.Craftec

:: My offer to Alwil ::
« on: January 07, 2004, 05:31:28 PM »
The first additional Avast! skin project is finally over  ;)
That doesn't mean I'm not going to make some more skins... Oooo no... I have so much ideas, I just have to find some spare time, but I promise, I'll be back soon, hehe  8)

Let's talk about something else...

What do I have to do to and who I have to talk to, about translation ? I want to make Serbo/Croatian language pack if it's possible...
Vlk, or someone else, please contact me...

I'm actually leaving my house right now, but I'll be back this evening and then I'll chech this thread... OK?

Regards !

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re::: My offer to Alwil ::
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2004, 05:46:55 PM »
I guess that would be me  ;)

Thanks for the offer!
The situation is the following: we are certainly interested in translations. We have purchased a special software that makes it possible to handle the translation process (the texts are in multiple files, they are often updated... it's not as simple as "sending the texts to the translator").
The software is really a nice tool, the translations are performed - but we are limited by the number of licenses we have (quite an expensive thing, btw). Currently, we have all the available licenses spent on other languages. So, when we have some license free, we can certainly send you the pack - but it might take a while (a few months I'd guess - the translation is quite a lot of work).

Technical may have some "first-hand" info :)

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2004, 09:51:32 PM »
OK, no problem... Croatian is my native language. I know it's big work...
In the future, you know I'm available...

Cheers !

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2004, 01:58:06 AM »
Technical may have some "first-hand" info :)

I did all the translation of avast into Portuguese. I can share my experiences. It a fascinating job (but time consuming...). About the licenses, I let this to Alwil staff.

Sasha, feel free to send me e-mails if you want to know more.  ;)
The best things in life are free.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2004, 02:09:10 AM »
OK, thanks Technical.

BTW, check your e-mail... there is new "fixed" version of the G5 skin. There is no dark grey mark any more... I mean that grey mark under those links "UPDATE NOW..." under UPDATE (BASIC) option in settings... Now, everything works great.

Cheers !