Author Topic: Moderators  (Read 16498 times)

Culpeper

Moderators
« on: January 04, 2004, 01:22:23 AM »
Since Technical and myself haven't done anything to get smitted several times recently is it possible to find out which user is doing it so we can kick his ass or at least have that user name warned or banned to stop abusing the board.  Thank you.

Walker

Re:Moderators
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2004, 01:33:56 AM »
Hi Culpeper,

I hope you do get your wish, but I would guess that both applauders and smiters should be able do so in anonimity  :-\ Otherwise we would need a list of who is applauding who as well.  ???

Better still (IMHO) is do away with the system altogether.. it'll stop all the re-occurring arguments.

Why not set up a poll.. I haven't figured how it works yet  ;D

In the meantime, have a 'k'

W.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2004, 01:47:08 AM »
ill start a poll if i can figure out how
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Culpeper

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2004, 01:52:07 AM »
It's not the act of getting negative marks.  Technical and I have noticed someone returning to the board several times in a day to smite.  That's abuse.  It went away for a while after that last time I had a public tantrum on the board.

Culpeper

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2004, 01:58:37 AM »
I got a poll up on this forum ;D

Walker

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2004, 02:00:47 AM »
Technical and I have noticed someone returning to the board several times in a day to smite.

Yes but LOT's of users return several times a day (me being one and I haven't smited you  :'( ) . Your actually implying that you know who it is  ???  ???  ???

That's abuse.

This is only my personal opinion, but that's a difficult point. It could be said that it is any user's right to 'app' or 'smi', as the present system is... kind of 'freedom of speech'.. but I agree that it is NOT NICE.

Let's start a new scheme to get the 'smiter' .. we ALL reverse the system and give one and other 'smi' for an 'app' and an 'app' for a 'smi' . I'm happy to be 'negative krmed'  ;D

W.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2004, 02:01:11 AM by Walker »

Culpeper

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2004, 02:15:22 AM »
Well, how about someone returning to the board to smite the same person 10 times in one day.  It takes at least 10 hours to do that.  I consider that abuse.  No, we don't have any idea who it is.  But it goes beyond simple peer review. :o

The only regret I have about bringing this whole thing out in the open is that the person now get's the attention he so dearly needs :-\  That's a "win" in his corner.

You right though.  I rephrase the use of the word "abuse" to "not being very nice." :'(  
« Last Edit: January 04, 2004, 02:17:37 AM by Culpeper »

Walker

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2004, 02:23:24 AM »
Well, how about someone returning to the board to smite the same person 10 times in one day.  It takes at least 10 hours to do that.  I consider that abuse.  No, we don't have any idea who it is.  But it goes beyond simple peer review. :o

The only regret I have about bringing this whole thing out in the open is that the person now get's the attention he so dearly needs :-\  That's a "win" in his corner.

Culpeper,

I really don't know. I can't see either you or Technical posting anything that would make 10 people smite you once in a day  :-\ . So if you are getting these smites you must be right that it is one individual.

You can probably guess I'm not worried either way about the system, but I certainly don't see anything as a 'win' for any one individual who may be responsible.. it just goes to show him (or her!) as a total moron .. watch those smites heading my way now.. he he.

Walker.

Culpeper

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2004, 02:35:18 AM »
 ;D  It's a suicide smiter!

Actually, on second thought, it must a be a team of suicide smiters :o
« Last Edit: January 04, 2004, 02:40:23 AM by Culpeper »

Walker

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2004, 02:37:09 AM »
;D  It's a suicide smitter!

LOL.. have another K  :)

Culpeper

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2004, 02:40:50 AM »
;D  It's a suicide smitter!

LOL.. have another K  :)

Stop it you're embarrassing me :-[

Walker

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2004, 02:42:09 AM »
You.. EMBARASSED  ::)

I don't think so  ;D

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2004, 03:20:27 AM »
I really don't know. I can't see either you or Technical posting anything that would make 10 people smite you once in a day  

me neither.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2004, 03:20:45 AM by MacLover2000 »
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Dave50

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2004, 04:54:38 AM »
Karma applaud says 'thank you' to those who offer help on this forum.  Karma smite makes no sense to me and I've never used it.  I voted in the poll to modify.

As for the person who's been vigorously hitting the smite button -- probably a Norton supporter.   ;D

Dave

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2004, 07:02:58 AM »
I agree with Dave (and others I probably missed) -- applauding is another way of saying thanks, in addition of course to the words themselves.

Just in the relatively short time I've been here, I've seen some newcomers supposedly looking for help, but who wouldn't listen to a word of advice, and who had nothing good to say about avast.  They're probably the only ones worth smiting -- but why bother?  They probably won't stick around here anyway.

And just for the record, in my usual style I totally missed the "modify" choice in the poll and simply voted to keep the existing system.  Can I use my head injury as an excuse?  :-[  ;D
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent