Author Topic: Randsomware Shield Only Protecting Personal Folders  (Read 1006 times)

REDACTED

Randsomware Shield Only Protecting Personal Folders
« on: June 03, 2018, 06:20:22 PM »
I am a little confused.  I tried to add my extra drives (just other SATA drives on my system, one for audio, one for video, etc.)  Avast claims that it is currently only designed to protect "personal folders", and that "system folders, network folders, and removable devices are not currently supported."

Yet, it auto-added about 15 sub-directories inside these drives which are in no way related to my personal folders on the system.  Is this going by file/directory ownership, er?

I have TBs of MP3s, audio samples, recordings, etc. on the A: (AUDIO) drive, for instance.  I hardly ever write to it.  I would love to make sure nothing else is.  Same for my V: (VIDEO) collection.  I also have a drive dedicated to information and development.   All of my code, eBooks, etc. are on that one. 

There is no way in blazes I can fit all of that into my main C:\ drive, under my "personal folder" directory structure.

So, 1) is there a way to trick AVAST into protecting these drives?  2) When will "system folders" be supported?

REDACTED

Re: Randsomware Shield Only Protecting Personal Folders
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 03:07:26 AM »
Nevermind.  If I just select a folder under the drive, it seems to be working.  Luckily, I keep everything under very few top folders on most drives.

SOLVED.