Author Topic: I like SecureLine, but....  (Read 2338 times)

REDACTED

I like SecureLine, but....
« on: June 05, 2018, 05:48:10 PM »
My first VPN was CyberGhost. I experienced speed issues all the time. At that same time, I was using Avast Mac Security (whatever the name was back then) and the VPN was coming out or already was, but I noticed SecureLine. I gave it a try and it seemed to be much better than CyberGhost so I switched. I am glad I did. No huge complaints about SecureLine. It is typically reliable and I get 'ok' speeds. Still, about a half to a 3rd of what I get when I am not connected to the VPN (180 consistently w/o, 40-80 with VPN).

BUT... as I have gotten more and more familiar with VPN's its been easier for me to understand what companies are talking about when it comes to their service. This has led me to "shopping around" to see what else might be out there. As my Avast SecureLine expires this month, my biggest complaint is cost. 60/yr for 1 device or 80/yr for 3 devices makes this one of the more expensive options available.

I won't mention names but one option has 100/3yrs and 5 or 6 devices. WOW. Most of the other options are giving multiple devices at their one cost. I tried to reach out to Avast about pricing as I would like to stay, but I don't think I ever got a reply. Which is another thing. Getting support here can SOMETIMES be a challenge. Anyway, this totally isn't to bash Avast. I am pretty happy when things work the way they are suppose to. I don't have many issues.

If I had one piece of advice, fix the pricing. SecureLine is on the lower end of available servers, and on the higher end of pricing. Which would be fine if the speeds were higher.

Just some thoughts from a customer. 

Offline Juraj (Product Manager)

• Avast team
Re: I like SecureLine, but....
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 04:35:15 PM »
Thank you for your feedback. I'll pass your comments to our monetization team.

REDACTED

Re: I like SecureLine, but....
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 12:50:14 AM »
Thank you for your feedback. I'll pass your comments to our monetization team.

Thanks. I tried to contact Avast myself but they weren't interested in listening it seemed. I did find a better server to connect to, but its still in the same range as other VPN's and its hard to justify paying $80 for 3 devices for 1 year. When the other comparable services are $70 for 5 devices for 2 years. Honestly, if you can't really tell the difference in the service, wouldn't you switch? 2 years for the price of 1. I've got 19 days left with Avast so I hope they will do something soon. Otherwise, I might just have to save money.

I'd take 3 devices for $80 for 2 years!