Author Topic: Avast Password Error "The extension is not activated"  (Read 3236 times)

REDACTED

Avast Password Error "The extension is not activated"
« on: June 06, 2018, 07:38:14 AM »
I was using Avast Passwords fine and greatly enjoying it, and then out of the blue a couple of days ago, the extension wouldn't work, and started giving the error message,  "The extension is not activated". I tried logging into my Avast account, re-installing the extension, etc, but it hasn't worked. I'm wondering if anyone else had this problem, and what helped you?

Thanks.

Jesse

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
Re: Avast Password Error "The extension is not activated"
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 11:50:20 AM »
Go to Avast->Passwords-> Settings and in Browser integration section click on Re-install extension for browser of your choice. It may happen that some third party product cleared browser storage and it led to loose connection between avast password and your browser extension.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 02:52:00 PM »
Well i am having a similar issue. Already tried uninstalling the avast extensions for both google and Firefox from within both browsers and trying again. Browser integration function within Avast encounters this error. Their is no option that comes up to reinstall - only add extension. Note additional attachments. Both browsers no longer function. Event went as far as to uninstall and reinstall both browsers and Avast Antivirus. Password interface comes up with the program but will not work on either browser. Been having to copy passwords from the avast password program directly to the site I am trying to use which is time consuming and annoying.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 02:53:50 PM by Douglas Laserai »

Offline Daniel Hustava

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 05:08:14 PM »
Hi Douglas,

Can you please try running update of Avast (via avast settings -> update section) and try again? In case the application tells you you are up to date, what version of Avast are you running?

Dan