Author Topic: Avast Clean Up - Does it work or not?  (Read 4026 times)

REDACTED

Avast Clean Up - Does it work or not?
« on: June 07, 2018, 10:17:56 AM »
Dear all,

I just paid for a 1-year subscription for Avast Clean Up today.

Nothing seems to work.

After conducting a smart scan, the program identified 2 issues, namely 6.4gb in junk files and "inefficient system settings".

I clicked on the "Performance" tab on the left hand side of the program, and then on "Clean Up" and... nothing. No loading circle, no error message, just nothing.

Came to this forum and realised that a lot of people faced even more problems after they were actually able to "Clean Up" their machines.

So two questions really:

1. Does the "Clean Up" function actually works?

2. Even if it does, should I bother trying to get mine to work now, or should I wait until the bugs have been fixed?

Thanks very much!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast Clean Up - Does it work or not?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 10:38:06 AM »
Well, it works for me. Which version of CP is installed..?
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 10:46:22 AM »
Dear all,

I just paid for a 1-year subscription for Avast Clean Up today.

Nothing seems to work.

After conducting a smart scan, the program identified 2 issues, namely 6.4gb in junk files and "inefficient system settings".

I clicked on the "Performance" tab on the left hand side of the program, and then on "Clean Up" and... nothing. No loading circle, no error message, just nothing.

Came to this forum and realised that a lot of people faced even more problems after they were actually able to "Clean Up" their machines.

So two questions really:

1. Does the "Clean Up" function actually works?

2. Even if it does, should I bother trying to get mine to work now, or should I wait until the bugs have been fixed?

Thanks very much!
Hi,

this seems like a bug in our application and we apologize for that.

In order to be able to help you I would like to ask you to send the log files so we can investigate where the problem is.
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe.
Just please add your email address there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 09:29:52 AM »
I also have a problem with my Clean Up Premium that I just purchased. I have no idea if it actually works. It seems to identify the problems but when one selects the option to clean up it does nothing. Eventually I ended up on a different web page that offers even more clean up products. Can someone please advise cos this is very frustrating - unnecessarily makes one feel disgruntled about one's purchase.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 09:39:36 AM »
Provide details (see Reply #2 from Stellarman).
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 09:42:21 AM »
I also have a problem with my Clean Up Premium that I just purchased. I have no idea if it actually works. It seems to identify the problems but when one selects the option to clean up it does nothing. Eventually I ended up on a different web page that offers even more clean up products. Can someone please advise cos this is very frustrating - unnecessarily makes one feel disgruntled about one's purchase.

Hi,

could you please describe a little better what exactly does not work in which component of the product?
Ideally if you could add a few screenshots about what you are trying to do and what does not work there it would be appreciated.

Also if you feel that something does not work as expected I would like to ask you to send the log files so we can investigate where the problem is.
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe.
Just please add your email address there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2018, 11:14:22 PM »
What is the status of this item.
I also have a big doubt
Is somebody working on that question ?????