Author Topic: Offline Installation  (Read 1505 times)

REDACTED

Offline Installation
« on: June 07, 2018, 10:46:01 AM »
I have a Windows XP machine that I need to keep offline and I want to install Avast as I researched that it was one of the best fastest offline scanners. I downloaded the offline installer it on a windows 10 machine and put it on a USB stick, but when I try to install it on my XP machine I get an error and asks me to restart my machine.
Can anyone advise on what I can do?

David Kernaghan

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Offline Installation
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 10:55:00 AM »
- Which SP..?
- Does your CPU support SSE2..?

Note: Offline installation is officially no longer supported on Vista and XP (since V17.4) because new CEF (only one bundled in offline installer because of size) is not supported there and the online installer will download the correct CEF version.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Shamino

Re: Offline Installation
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 04:16:58 PM »
It completely blows my mind that Avast has this "offline" installer available for download to XP users without any prior warning of it not working. Could you at least program the installer like this: IF OS=XP AND INET=0 THEN PRINT "This program requires internet connection when run on Windows XP, please connect to the internet to continue or click Cancel to exit." Just a suggestion.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:47:21 PM by Shamino »