Author Topic: Sending Laptop in for Service ... Can I disable Avast Password?  (Read 2491 times)

REDACTED

I need to send my Asus laptop in to repair a broken hinge and to figure out why the system is not responding properly. They ask that login passwords be disabled. I'd also like to disable Avast Password so that they cannot log into any of my sites. How do I do that?

They may need to reinstall Windows 10.  I have my iPhone and Asus synced but cannot find my email with recovery link anywhere. Will I be able to re-establish all my saved passwords if they reinstall W10 and I reinstall Firefox and all my apps and software?  Fortunately, I do know my Master Password.

Thanks!
Jodi-

REDACTED

Re: Sending Laptop in for Service ... Can I disable Avast Password?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 08:21:11 PM »
Can anyone answer my question???

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 12:17:18 PM »
Just protect your storage with master password and lock it manually from Main application window, but if you don't provide credentials to your windows account to service guy then he can't see your passwords anyhow regardless storage is opened or not.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 07:28:18 PM »
Asus has asked that I remove my log in password so they can look around to figure out why I'm having performance issues.

I think at the very least, I will uninstall Firefox and any bookmarks on IE and Chrome (both of which I seldom use).

Offline Martin Kvetko

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 08:25:30 AM »
According to our records you have synchronization turned on on Laptop, so just simply go to avast passwords settings on laptop, turn it off. This will result in passwords data deletion. Once you get back your laptop from repair just enable synchronization again and you will get all your passwords back. Easiest way how to protect your current data you have in passwords from unauthorized access IMHO.