Author Topic: Lighting shut down power. Rebooted and no Avast browser. So  (Read 2376 times)

REDACTED

Lighting shut down power. Rebooted and no Avast browser.
So where did it go?
I need it all back as it was.
Desktop icon, web browser bar, files & folders, sub folders, all as was.
This is 2nd time this has happened with this browser.
1st time I even had a "Bank Mode". After re-download Bank Mode was gone.
And now I don't even see where or how I was able to get the Avast "Safe or Secure"
browser, which ever one I had???

Any guidance to get me restore will be of great help. Thanks anyone???

REDACTED

Re: Lighting shut down power. Rebooted and no Avast browser. So
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 02:08:31 PM »
OK Then...Anybody?
ondrejz, Steve-Avast, will465, Johnathon B?

How do I get it all back?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 02:20:30 PM »
Well, after a lightning stroke it's hard to say/help.
Hope you have backups, else the data might be lost.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 11:35:40 PM »
Lucky you.  You still have a working system.    ;)

An Automatic Power Supply would've saved your bacon here as well as it would've have protected you from the voltage surge or drop from the strike.

If you had backups, restoring them would've worked here.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2018, 05:52:22 AM »
Too Funny! LOL!

What a joke. Does anyone read anymore, or can anyone answer questions.

Oh, did my question say read between the lines what is not there...
Like hey, I lost all my data... uh, uh.
Duuuugh, i didn't have surge protection. Poor we me.
well,well,welll, the directions to my puter says, don't ever have a back up system.

WTC people. So, let me see if I can make this real clear.

I LOST NOTHING BUT.... out of a hundred progams, add-ons, extensions on Fire Fox, Chome, and yes on the Avast "Safe or Secure" browser, which ever one it was, nothing was lost but the avast browser, desk top icon, all my files, folders and links with-in those files and folders saved on the Avast browser tool bar. That was the main topic. How to get it all back? Nothing else. Just Avast! Not the weather. Oh I'm sorry, I thought this was an Avast forum by deduction. But by addition, No, it's the surge protector forum. or maybe the... the, the, Seagate back up forum. And now... the what ever else you want to come up with. Real solution go-getters here.

Think I'm done with the avast browser. And probably this forum. Have greats off topic lives folks.
Oh, and don't get technical support jobs. lol.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 08:04:01 PM »
Too Funny! LOL!

What a joke. Does anyone read anymore, or can anyone answer questions.

Oh, did my question say read between the lines what is not there...
Like hey, I lost all my data... uh, uh.
Duuuugh, i didn't have surge protection. Poor we me.
well,well,welll, the directions to my puter says, don't ever have a back up system.

WTC people. So, let me see if I can make this real clear.

I LOST NOTHING BUT.... out of a hundred progams, add-ons, extensions on Fire Fox, Chome, and yes on the Avast "Safe or Secure" browser, which ever one it was, nothing was lost but the avast browser, desk top icon, all my files, folders and links with-in those files and folders saved on the Avast browser tool bar. That was the main topic. How to get it all back? Nothing else. Just Avast! Not the weather. Oh I'm sorry, I thought this was an Avast forum by deduction. But by addition, No, it's the surge protector forum. or maybe the... the, the, Seagate back up forum. And now... the what ever else you want to come up with. Real solution go-getters here.

Think I'm done with the avast browser. And probably this forum. Have greats off topic lives folks.
Oh, and don't get technical support jobs. lol.
Since what happened to you is not an avast bug, it is not fixable.  You've been pointed towards solutions, but these solutions only work if you already have them in place. 

Your browser data is likely lost. 

Not something you may want to hear.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801