Author Topic: VPN all messed up!!  (Read 9312 times)

REDACTED

VPN all messed up!!
« on: June 22, 2018, 08:57:27 PM »
I purchased VPN in January/18 - it worked for 2 months and then stopped. I contacted support at least 6 times over a two week period and never received any reply....I have seen many posts on google of people who have encountered the exact same treatment.  After about 3 weeks of it not working when I have paid for 2 years of service, I downloaded the free 2 month offer thinking that I would have my paid for one working by the end of this period.   The free one is now expired and I am going nuts with this whole situation. In my account the 'paid for' VPN is there with a valid license and the expiry date for 2 years from now but the free one is sitting there asking me to buy a license.  As usual I have no reply from 'support' (haha). Does anyone know if there is a way to delete this free, expired VPN?  I imagine that is something that the company would have to do but they will not respond......I've been with Avast for 9 years and always thought that they were a very good company but this experience has really turned me off.  When my subscriptions expire I'm going elsewhere.  I would appreciate any help....thank you

Offline Raeken

• Deutsch living in France
Re: VPN all messed up!!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 09:37:13 PM »
Hallo!

Do never open more than one support ticket. And always use the English support, because the response may come a little faster.

If you have your paid license, you can download it and put it on your SecureLine VPN. Just change the expired license to the valid license. This option is available as soon as you open SecureLine.
But... as i can see, you're not being able to remove/change the license.

To help you, please, tell us which SecureLine version you use. If it's the builtin or standalone version.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 09:41:24 PM by Raeken »
Windows 11 Pro - Version 21H2 - 64 Bits | Avast SecureLine VPN - Standalone

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 03:27:36 PM »
I have both. I downloaded the standalone version to see if it would work.

thank you for answering.

Offline Raeken

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 06:01:22 PM »
Can you try the Standalone v2.0 Beta?
Take a look here: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=219647.0

Offline Raeken

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 04:58:16 PM »
Here, we're talking about Avast SecureLine VPN.