Author Topic: Secure Line VPN unable to make a connection  (Read 4896 times)

REDACTED

Secure Line VPN unable to make a connection
« on: June 23, 2018, 08:07:58 PM »
My vpn service has been unable to connect for about 3 weeks. I have had remote service done with tech support in the Philippines and they are unable to correct it. I want my money back for the remainder of the subscription. I paid for it in January 2018. Additionally, I paid $79 for them to work on my system. I have submitted email requests and no response. I am tired of waiting. The refund is the best option right now.

Offline Raeken

• Deutsch living in France
Re: Secure Line VPN unable to make a connection
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 08:37:39 PM »
Hallo!

Which SecureLine VPN version you use? Builtin or standalone?
What is the error that is shown when you try to connect?

About the refunds, if you sent one request, just wait. Do not send more than one request.
But, someone from Avast Team may come here and help you with your refund.

https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Order-Renew-FAQ (How can I request a refund?)
Windows 11 Pro - Version 21H2 - 64 Bits | Avast SecureLine VPN - Standalone

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 02:22:26 PM »
First the built in stopped working, just spinning.
The team that tried to  fix it put in the stand alone one. The message says "unable to make a connection"
Even when I restart the laptop, change locations etc.
The last "appointment" I had the tech guy called when I was out and I asked him to call back in 20 mins, that was 2 weeks ago.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 11:19:52 AM »
Hello
I seem to have the same problem. A few days ago, my VPN stopped working it keep asking me for my licence, which I tried to enter with my avast account, and then insert the licence file saved on my desktop, then manually... nothing works ...
I have sent an e-mail to customerservice@avast.com , do you thnik I will have an answer, because I am up for renewal in august, and f it does not work, I'll look somewhere else for VPN.

Thank you !

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2018, 04:57:12 PM »
Unfortunately I have the VPN purchase until 2019. No refund available since it's past the 30 days from when I signed up for the VPN. I had an email from support that offered to add the time left over to my anti virus so it would extend that til 2020. I responded that the extension would be ok. Now I hear nothing from Avast. This service is unsatisfactory. Especially since I paid an additional $79. for additional tech support. I am emailing support on a regular basis in the hopes someone will respond.

Offline Raeken

• Deutsch living in France
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2018, 06:13:55 PM »
The support can take a few days to handle your situation. Just wait and everything will be ok. ;)

And when you guys have problems with SecureLine, a option would be try to install the standalone version (after removing the SecureLine VPN component from antivĂ­rus, if you have it). Or even install the beta version from here.

Good luck, guys.  ;)
Windows 11 Pro - Version 21H2 - 64 Bits | Avast SecureLine VPN - Standalone

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2018, 09:35:16 PM »
 :( I have made at least 15 calls to Avast about my VPN service is not working. During these calls I get transferred to Poor English speaking people (Asia I guess) The point is I bot the product in March of 2018 and it has never worked as advertised. One person says I purchased a Multi-device VPN, I agree, however what does this mean I asked? It will work on up to 5 devices, great I purchased. Now they have my money and end of service! I never works on my Cell an Android, Not sure I ever got it to work on my laptop. Asked for help, was told it only works on one device at a time, also told Multi device means it will work on Windows, Mac, Google based computers etc. One even sad, no it works on any device and up to 5. I was told I should have asked for a refund sooner, no refund now. (They strung  me out to die). This product does not work on my system or cell, the Technical department is a Joke, and there customer service department is of no help. They only select a pre-written response and email it to you, to get rid of you. I will never buy this  poor product again.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 12:30:11 AM »
Support is taking longer than a couple of days. It's been 3 weeks since they emailed me with the offer to extend the anti virus, and I answered by email. Now I will email them daily until someone answers. This used to be a great company for service. I never had an issue with the products. Now it seems they want to sell you a fix for the products that don't work. I paid an additional $79. for the tech service. Too much money spent and the service cannot be fixed.