Author Topic: Avast Passwort Problem!  (Read 4558 times)

REDACTED

Avast Passwort Problem!
« on: June 24, 2018, 01:54:18 PM »
Hello, I have the following problem. I had to install my system on a new PC. Now I have the problem that all the passwords on the old system - which does not start - is installed. how can I get all the passwords? I ask for your help!

REDACTED

Re: Avast Passwort Problem!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 03:25:18 PM »
I am lost here, I understood I can opt to save passwords, and when I click the orange key, it ask for a password, and I have 3, and will not accept any of them, so unable to save them. It is a pity as am in the dark here, so much to learn and I did read there is vdeo's here showing how to go about them step by step, but I can't find them. Can you possibly help please?

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 07:27:18 PM »
-
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 07:29:21 PM by a.ambs »

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 07:30:10 PM »
hast du Avast Passwort auch korrekt im browser aktiviert? Also als App aktiviert?
Wenn ja, sollte die App funktionieren. Sobald du deine Daten in die Felder zum einloggen eingibst, wirst du gefragt, ob du dieses speichern möchtest. Beim nächsten mal öffnen der Seite werden der Benutzername und das Passwort automatisch eingetragen.

Offline Daniel Hustava

• Avast team
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 03:36:42 PM »
@ambs360

If you had synchronisation set up on the old PC, then all you need to do is set it up on the new one as well. Your passwords will be automatically transferred. If you didn't sync, but you had master password set up, you can try getting the Passwords vault files from the old PC by removing hard-drive from old PC and putting it in the new one. Provided that it wasn't hard-drive failure that caused your old PC problems in the first place.

Vault files are located in c:\Users\<account>\AppData\Local\AVAST Software\APM\

@stella.parnell23

The password you are prompted for is not for the website you are currently on (eg. facebook) but master password that protects your passwords vault from unauthorised access. You must have set up master password earlier, otherwise Avast Passwords wouldn't ask for it.