Author Topic: Cleanup stalling Adobe  (Read 3222 times)

REDACTED

Cleanup stalling Adobe
« on: August 02, 2018, 02:52:19 PM »
Avast recommended I put some programs into sleep when not being used, including Adobe. Now it's virtually impossible to get Adobe to open. I can't find a way to take that off the "sleep" list. Help! I use PDFs all the time for work, and this is causing me a lot of problems! Also, for the record, your verification codes? Very hard for middle-aged eyes to read them, even with reading glasses. I understand you're trying to be secure, but there must be something else you can do.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Cleanup stalling Adobe
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 02:55:04 PM »
Also, for the record, your verification codes? Very hard for middle-aged eyes to read them, even with reading glasses. I understand you're trying to be secure, but there must be something else you can do.
Captcha is only needed for your first 3 posts. (Spam protection)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 02:57:32 PM »
OK, good. But what about the Adobe problem? I'm on a deadline this morning and can't get a simple PDF to open.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2018, 10:59:05 AM »
OK, good. But what about the Adobe problem? I'm on a deadline this morning and can't get a simple PDF to open.

Hi, you should have Adobe in the list of sleeping applications in Cleanup where you can wake it up again. If that won't help for any reason the only way how to get it reset is to uninstall Cleanup which will revert everything back to the state before you have Cleanup installed.

Thank you.