Author Topic: Avast Free Antivirus 17.7.2314 (build 17.7.3660.244) Options after Scan results.  (Read 1052 times)

REDACTED

Hello, Avast Team

Antivirus Release date: 10/03/2017

So, I ran a Smart Scan today, and when it finished, I only had 2 options:

Click "Resolve All" (without even showing me what the affected files; software; documents; etc, look like before I click  "Resolve All").

Or, just close Avast, and do nothing.

Since I don't know if Avast is going to give me any options, after I click "Resolve All", I just closed Avast.

I would like to know what happens after I click "Resolve All", please.  :)

Thanks!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Part of the problem of running an old version, is there are very few other users doing so.  Any what happens would rely on memory of having used that old version.

With the current version or the previous version 18.4.2338 you should at least get some idea of what area this is about, but no details.  I have run a test Smart Scan on my system (with avast free 18.4.2338) see attached image1 (click to expand). As you can see it gives basic information on that screen.  What was found 'Vulnerable Software' is likely to be able to be Resolved by the Software Updater in avast free.

Did you get any information at all ?

The free version is likely to be able to Resolve All issues that are found as they may pertain to paid options.

Contrary to what the button says 'Resolve All' isn't an action, it is more likely to give more information, but not much detail in the free version.  In many cases this is more of a promotional/sales tool as some of the resolution options require a paid option.

Clicking Resolve All (attached image2) which will update those programs selected using the 'Update Selected' button
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

Wow, thank you so much for the extensive, and detailed explanation, DavidR.

Yes, the first picture looks exactly, or very similar to what I got. It's good to know that clicking "Resolve All" will not trigger an automatic action.

I'm afraid to update the program, because I don't want to run into problems that might be present in newer versions. heheh.

Thanks again, DavidR. That was awesome!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
You're welcome.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security