Author Topic: Password update mechanism broken?  (Read 2816 times)

REDACTED

Password update mechanism broken?
« on: September 01, 2016, 06:16:59 PM »
I've used their password reset mechanism four times now... each time, it tells me that I've successfully updated my password.  But if you try to log in again, it says you're using the incorrect password.

Not sure how it could be user error at this point... anybody else confirm?

REDACTED

Re: Password update mechanism broken?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 11:06:04 PM »
Yes. I can confirm that. But after the reset, which was telling me to be successful, which actually isn't, I was forwarded to my avast account page (https://my.avast.com). There, in the menu, you got an option to change your password. It took me some attempts to find out my old password, and changed it into a new one.

REDACTED

Re: Password update mechanism broken?
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 04:13:04 AM »
I'm having this problem almost two years later.  I can reset my password on my.avast, and it automatically logs me in, but if I logout and try to log back in it says my password and email don't match.  I also cannot login on the Avast program (Windows 10), it gives me the "does not match" error, too, and there's no way to login there at all.

What are the password requirements?  Those aren't explained anywhere.  How long can my password be?  Can it include special characters?  I'd love a mod answer to these questions.  Thanks!