Author Topic: AVAST FOR BUSINESS BASIC ANTIVIRUS question  (Read 10702 times)

REDACTED

AVAST FOR BUSINESS BASIC ANTIVIRUS question
« on: July 05, 2018, 09:20:51 AM »
In Avast for Business Basic Antivirus I have a new "Upgrade to new console" button.
What is this button and what happens if I use it?

REDACTED

Re: AVAST FOR BUSINESS BASIC ANTIVIRUS question
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 10:32:24 AM »
Seem Avast is pushing to pay model, I click and it shows 50% discount offer until 15 Oct 2018.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 11:56:44 AM »
Bad news! >:(

Offline Maksims2

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 03:41:00 PM »
So Avast for business Basic now paid?

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 12:28:04 AM »
Just reinstalled a client and it doesn't pickup its configuration even though in the panel its seemingly activated and did report its installed.
Coincidental glitch or are they no longer assigning licenses?

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 05:58:07 PM »
Will the free basic version remain available? Or will we be forced to upgrade?

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 09:04:51 PM »
I read somewhere in the forum that it will remain free only for a limited time.
An official response from an Avast representative would be desirable!

Offline Remedy

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2018, 03:11:33 PM »
Avast need to be careful. It's only because it is free for commerical use that i'm using it. If I / clients have to pay I would switch everyone over to KAV.

The other thing is that staff see avast on their computers and then use it at home, so avast will lose double their install base.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 02:03:58 PM »
So, it's true then and the email was legit. We received an email from "sean.goodfellow@avast-business.intercom-mail.com" today stating discontinued products and all the links were leading to
https://via.intercom-mail-200.com ...

I mean, really. In times of cybersecurity this is looking so suspicious and I would never click on any link but instead delete the mail, not coming from avast.com directly but some other platform ...

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2018, 09:14:31 PM »
This is! :(
AVAST FOR BUSINESS BASIC ANTIVIRUS was a very good product from my point of view and especially it was the only free antivirus that deserves.
As an education unit I can not afford to buy one of the 3 proposed solutions although I would like it.
I'm expecting to see what happens after October 15, 2018.

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2018, 05:50:07 AM »
Well, I am somewhat confused too.

I signed up our nonprofit for Avast for Business Cloud when it was first a limited free signup offer.  Its been free for us ever since.

Now it appears I have to pay for an upgrade to the new Business Antivirus which supposedly offers these additional features:

- Email Shield
    - Behavior Shield
    - CyberCapture
    - Sandbox
    - Security Browser Extension

But wait a minute... my Avast for Business Basic console says I already have all these features.  So I'm being told this product "no longer sufficiently protects against today’s advanced cyberthreats" and I have to upgrade to a product.... that has the same features!   Something isnt right as I view it. 

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2018, 08:37:55 AM »
This is! :(
AVAST FOR BUSINESS BASIC ANTIVIRUS was a very good product from my point of view and especially it was the only free antivirus that deserves.
As an education unit I can not afford to buy one of the 3 proposed solutions although I would like it.
I'm expecting to see what happens after October 15, 2018.

Well this is nice!
I have uninstalled AVAST FOR BUSINESS BASIC ANTIVIRUS on 57 workstations and servers because I read this:
https://blog.avast.com/time-to-upgrade-basic-antivirus-business-products
As of October 15, 2018, Avast will no longer provide license renewals, sales support, product development, technical support, or virus signature updates for these products.
I kept the antivirus on a Microsoft (R) Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition server for which I do not have any other antivirus option anyway.
Today is 17/10/2018 and I still have the definitions updates, ie "Virus definitions version 181016-8 Up to date" and the old web console with the "Upgrade to new console" button.

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2018, 08:59:25 AM »
Products will be ceased on the 31st October 2018.

Customers that have not upgraded to Avast Business will be automatically placed into trial status for 30 days before they are shut down.