Author Topic: avast! is the only AV that connects with Security Center perfectly now  (Read 1581 times)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
I don't know what's going on with Windows Security center in Win10 April Update, but for some stupid reason, Windows Defender needs like 5 minutes to figure out its status after every system restart, same with SecureAPlus and with Kaspersky Free, it's even worse, it actually shows a RED cross on the Security Center icon for 5 minutes until it figures out everything is actually fine. But if I have avast! Internet Security installed, Security Center gets the status 1 second after system restart. Which I think is great for avast! and I wonder WTF everyone else is doing, including Microsoft whose own program can't figure out what its state is for 5 frigging minutes on every restart. And again, we're talking about a really high end PC with huge pool of RAM and fast SSD which should make this faster, not slower. And yet it does that for some reason.

So, thumbs up for avast!, doing things way better than the rest once again :)
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
And again, we're talking about a really high end PC with huge pool of RAM and fast SSD which should make this faster, not slower. And yet it does that for some reason.
F-Secure. laptop - Intel i5-6300U - 8GBram, less then 20sek

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
I think the lagging issue points solely to Microsoft, and everyone else has collateral damage because of it.  Windows Defender Security Center is a Microsoft program first. 

I see the same lagging issues https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-compaq-dx2300-microtower-pc/3352967 with an identical install of AIS, SSD, but system dates from 2008, and shows it.  With a SSD (SATA II) it boots in 45 seconds tho.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
I'm not talking about the boot time. I'm talking how long it takes from seeing desktop and Security Center figuring out what's going on. Even when using Windows Defender, Security center shows red cross like there is a problem but it's only waiting for something to find the info. It does this with Windows Defender, Kaspersky Free and SecureAPlus. But with avast!, it works fine. I dion't get it.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

REDACTED

Windows Defender works fine for me.  Turns green before the notification center even finishes loading

Offline Patrick2

• Poster
Don't get that either, 5 minutes to find security info, going back and forth, then finally its like all is fine,  With Avast installed, shows green on startup, and seems to work fine for some strange reason, maybe an unsolved bug in Windows Defender still present in 1803, Not 100 percent sure though
Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1909 18363.476, Intel I7 7700 Nvidia Geforce 1050 16gb DDR4, WD 250GBSSD, 1tb Storage, Avast Free 19.8.2393
HP Omen Laptop Intel I7 7700HQ, 8gb Of Ram Windows 10 Home x64 1909 18363.476 128GB SSD, 1tb Storage, Avast Free 19.8.2393