Author Topic: Help Account Has Reset Itself After Reinstall  (Read 4365 times)

REDACTED

Help Account Has Reset Itself After Reinstall
« on: August 18, 2018, 04:54:23 AM »
I was having an issue with my avast free after a update telling me to restart my PC even after several restarts and an attempted repair install. So, in an attempt to fix this I downloaded the installer from the site and did an uninstall via control panel and reinstall of avast this way. Seemed to have worked however now everything with my account seemed to have reset. I had an older account, 10 years at least, yet when I logged in it was referring to me as a brand new user and nothing was synced. My settings and passwords were wiped and reset. It even prompted me to set "Passwords" back up again with a new master and everything. What happened? Is all my data just gone? I had over 30 passwords saved.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 05:19:14 AM by Kimika »

REDACTED

Re: Help Account Has Reset Itself After Reinstall
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 05:32:36 AM »
I am the same person who initially created this post. In a further attempt to fix this issue I downloaded an offline installer for the previous version and re-installed avast free like this. This didn't fix my problem and was gonna say the heck with it and just start saving my passwords again from scratch however I found that it was rejecting my master to begin syncing, despite my knowing the password was correct, and I thought if I deleted the above account and created this account that I could simply start anew with passwords. That didn't work in the end so as a last ditch effort to at least be able to use passwords again, I uninstalled via control panel, Cleared the cache, erased the registry files, and deleted all the files associated with my previous installs of avast. After doing all this I reinstalled and now I can at least use passwords again. But this has been a headache and a half. As a side note I would like to know why the above post still exists if I deleted the account associated with it and if there is a way to maybe combine my account(s) so I may still use the poster name 'Kimika'.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 05:09:16 PM »
You didn't delete your account and that is why the post and original name remains, your deletion attempt only removed your email as full accounts can only be removed by Uber's and Moderators/Avast team.

The most I can do at this stage is to report your request for your account name to be merged into the original.

Offline OndraM

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 08:32:37 AM »
You accounts still exist. If you uninstalled the product, we deleted the session that kept you logged in in the product. You just have to log in again with the original email and password.

If you are having issues with singing in. Go directly to https://id.avast.com and try there (all the options including reseting your password are there)