Author Topic: Avast install trashed my system and now wont boot  (Read 17395 times)

ardvark

Re: Avast install trashed my system and now wont boot
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2006, 09:06:32 AM »
@ igor...

Well, we can agree to disagree. :) Although it's possible that the problems I experienced had something to do with the fact that 4.7 was installed through the updater. As far as Tomo's case, I have a feeling Norton was, at least, partially the culprit here.

@ alanrf...

Thank you for your kind words. :) I will, for the time being, be happy to stick around and help with the more generic problems.

Best Regards...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2006, 01:45:41 PM »
I have a feeling Norton was, at least, partially the culprit here.
I'm quite sure Norton IS the culprit here  :P
The best things in life are free.

Tomo

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2006, 06:10:59 PM »
I've combed this thread and tried to get Norton un-install info and the version currently on this machine is Norton AV 2002. 
I clicked on all the uninstall threads and even this forums link to the Symenatc site and I get "no support for this discontinued Symantic product"

So should I just run the regular un install via Windows programs or do I need to do more
Thanks
Tomo

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2006, 07:28:22 PM »
First use the add remove programs, as is likely but the number of posts in the forums it may leave elements/registry entries behind you would be advised to check the manual removal information (print it off) and check the various locations to ensure t has been fully removed.

Manual Removal NAV 2003 or earlier - Manual Removal NAV 2003 or earlier
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security