Author Topic: ..:: FINALLY !!! I did it ! ::..  (Read 19413 times)

S.Z.Craftec

..:: FINALLY !!! I did it ! ::..
« on: January 05, 2004, 05:56:37 PM »
FINALLY !!!  :D

I finally did it !!!  ;D ;) ;D

Skin is completed and what's best, it's working...
No errors so far, everything is like it should be.  8)

Vlk, I just have two issues/questions:  ???

1. Those little "clouds" (tool tips) that hovers when we leave a mouse pointer few seconds above the buttons... They are quite OK even with this skin, but I tried to change color and give them some more transparency... For God's sake, I couldn't find any option in SkinBuilder... is there any chance I can fix that too ?

2. If we press "RESIDENT SCANNER" button, we can see small animation... little "cloud" with DISABLED/STANDARD/HIGH/CUSTOM options comes to screen. Is there a way to change that little cloud's direction (path) and the way how it should appear on the screen ? For this skin, all those things looks good, but I'm wondering, what is going to happen if I make some skin (in future) with different button's array...

Let me know, what's the best way to send you this skin (It's called SZCraftec_G5), please...

Regards !  :)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:..:: FINALLY !!! I did it ! ::..
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2004, 06:20:29 PM »
Congratulations!

1. Those little "clouds" (tool tips) that hovers when we leave a mouse pointer few seconds above the buttons... They are quite OK even with this skin, but I tried to change color and give them some more transparency... For God's sake, I couldn't find any option in SkinBuilder... is there any chance I can fix that too ?

Check out the Tooltip_Colors subobject of aswSimple. Edit it's TextStyle - 'Text Color' stands for the color of the text, 'Effect color' is the color of the background. The transparency can be set by changing the BackColor alpha channel of that object, too.

Similar thing is the ListCtrl_Colors object which defines the colors of the list control headers (in dialog boxes) - such as in the skin chooser dialog.

2. If we press "RESIDENT SCANNER" button, we can see small animation... little "cloud" with DISABLED/STANDARD/HIGH/CUSTOM options comes to screen. Is there a way to change that little cloud's direction (path) and the way how it should appear on the screen ? For this skin, all those things looks good, but I'm wondering, what is going to happen if I make some skin (in future) with different button's array...

This is slightly more complicated. See the resident_wnd subobject and the animations defined for this object (right-hand side pane)...

Let me know, what's the best way to send you this skin (It's called SZCraftec_G5), please...

Oh you can put it to some web site, or you can send to my email... :)

Thanks.
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2004, 06:45:42 PM »
No problem Ondrej... and... thanks for all those useful tips regarding color change... I found it after you helped me with information. Everything is clear now.

Damn... I told you guys... you don't know anything else, but helping people  ;D

A WAY TO GO ALWIL SOFTWARE !!!

I'll send my skin to your e-mail in about half hour... I just wanna try something else... check it, test it and if you think it deserves to be published, put it at your wonderful Avast web site among all those great skins... OH, I'll be so proud, you don't have a clue...

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2004, 09:44:46 PM »
OK, Vlk...

I sent my skin at your e-mail.

Let me know, what's your opinion...

Cheers !

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2004, 01:56:28 AM »
OK, Vlk...

I sent my skin at your e-mail.

Let me know, what's your opinion...

Cheers !

Sasha, your photo is scarring me!  ;D
The best things in life are free.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2004, 03:25:12 AM »
Ok... ok... I'll replace it with something else... here I go:

...wait... I have to go to bathroom... just a sec...
...ok... where we were ? Ah, yeah...

Tadaaa...

Looking better ?

bbfi

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2004, 04:34:47 AM »
Sasha,

You are a panic in a half.   ;D  Your Avatar is always changing each time I view this forum.

Keep up the good work.  You are an excellent graphic artist.   :D

BTW, my cat's name is Sasha.  She's 15.   ::)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2004, 10:31:26 AM »
All right folks, I think the new G5 skin is really very pretty (particularly given its Craftec's first skin ever).

I packed it to the distribution format so before it goes official, you have a look at it by clicking here: http://cat.asw.cz/~vlk/G5_by_SZCraftec.aswcs

Thanks!
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2004, 12:04:56 PM »
Sasha,

You are a panic in a half.   ;D  Your Avatar is always changing each time I view this forum.

Keep up the good work.  You are an excellent graphic artist.   :D

BTW, my cat's name is Sasha.  She's 15.   ::)

Thanks BBFI !!! I'm just trying to give my best... Avatars... hehe. I like to change things from time to time and I just hope that I'm not going to peoples nerves... :)

BTW, my very first skin ever is out !!! Oh, I'm so proud... and what's the best thing of all ? HEY PEOPLE, IT'S FOR AVAST! - BEST Antivirus EVER !!!

Vlk Wrote:
All right folks, I think the new G5 skin is really very pretty (particularly given its Craftec's first skin ever).

I packed it to the distribution format so before it goes official, you have a look at it by clicking here: http://cat.asw.cz/~vlk/G5_by_SZCraftec.aswcs

Thanks!
Vlk

Thanks Vlk... I don't know what to say, probably I shouldn't say anything except THANKS AGAIN to complete Alwil Software team. I've never seen a group of programmers that is so available to their customers or in my case, users... BTW, how much I have to pay for Avast! Proffessional Version (the one that is not free) and how can I get it ? I'm planning to buy it in near future, 'cause you guys really deserve every single cent...

BTW, when I change that classic windows form look in my skin version and I send it to you, is it gonna be available for download on your web site under download skins section ?

Thanks again everybody !!!  ;)

Cheers !

Love you all !
« Last Edit: January 06, 2004, 12:36:06 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Novak

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2004, 01:19:58 PM »
ok guys and girls,

I created all avast! skins. So what can I do for your easier insight how to create avast! skin?

I could place one of the skin in PSD file on the web. You will able to download it and look inside this PSD files, where you will find everything what is need for create avast! skin. Then if you don't know how work with ActiveSkin, you can send me your PSD file and I finished it in ActiveSkin.

The last possibility is, that I create short document "How to create skin in ActiveSkin"

Novak

Novak

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2004, 01:45:05 PM »
great work Sasha ;)

maybe it will be better if you create frame.tga in color like as your skin. Try in Photoshop decrease Saturation value. I can't do that, because I would change your help, close and minimize button. It's only opinion.

So we create new page for your skins .... i hope, that it won't be Sasha's page only;D

Novak
« Last Edit: January 06, 2004, 01:46:25 PM by Novak »

Offline MWassef

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2004, 02:14:05 PM »
it is so great Sasha  ;D ;D
Good job (a karma from me)  :D
MW

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2004, 02:33:55 PM »
Great skin!

Suggestion (I know it could bring a lot of work!): the format of the buttons could be intuitive, I mean, a triangle for the 'play' or start button. In other languages than English, the skin won't be translated.
The best things in life are free.

Culpeper

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2004, 03:40:20 PM »
Hey, thanks!  I'm gonna use it.  A step up for me from the low res skin I have been using.  "One small step for man.  One giant leap for mankind." ;D

Pavel Baudis

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2004, 05:20:20 PM »
Hi!

BTW, how much I have to pay for Avast! Proffessional Version (the one that is not free) and how can I get it ?

Well, that's easy question indeed  :D !
You can see our avast! Pro pricelist and directly buy it here...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2004, 05:21:35 PM by Pavel »