Author Topic: ..:: FINALLY !!! I did it ! ::..  (Read 19361 times)

Walker

Re:..:: FINALLY !!! I did it ! ::..
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2004, 05:32:43 PM »
Hi Novak,

And thank you too for all the current skins  :)

So what can I do for your easier insight how to create avast! skin?

I could place one of the skin in PSD file on the web. ..

The last possibility is, that I create short document "How to create skin in ActiveSkin"

How about doing both or is that being cheeky  ;)

Now if the rest of the A Team wanna join in.. how about teaching us user's how to write A-V programs.. you could put your feet up then  :) :)

W.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2004, 05:40:18 PM »
Oh we (at least some of us) already have our feet up... ;D
That's part of our company culture I'd say :) :)

But if you want to start with programming, you should probably read this: http://www.infiltec.com/j-h-wrld.htm  - gotta say it's very true :)

Vlk
« Last Edit: January 06, 2004, 05:40:31 PM by Vlk »
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Walker

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2004, 05:45:27 PM »
Oh we (at least some of us) already have our feet up... ;D
That's part of our company culture I'd say :) :)

If that's a sarky comment, no one believes it anyway  8)

But if you want to start with programming, you should probably read this: http://www.infiltec.com/j-h-wrld.htm  - gotta say it's very true :)

VERY good.. Event unrecognized  ;D

W.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2004, 06:52:10 PM »
Ok guys... I just finished FINAL VERSION of my skin G5. I sent it to Vlk two minutes ago. Please... wait for Vlk to announce that he's uploaded newest  (final) version. Don't worry, old version was without any errors, but frames (when you open settings dialog or skin browser) were unchanged from original Blue skin by Martin. Now, I replaced all those frames and made them custom (Mac similar theme). Take a good look at buttons. They have reflections below itself, new radio buttons, new checkboxes, new window shape etc.

Novak wrote:
great work Sasha

maybe it will be better if you create frame.tga in color like as your skin. Try in Photoshop decrease Saturation value. I can't do that, because I would change your help, close and minimize button. It's only opinion.

So we create new page for your skins .... i hope, that it won't be Sasha's page only;D

Novak

I just did it Martin and I hope you guys are going to love it now... I didn't change color saturation only, but windows now have different shape (take a look at corners).

I'm happy because of new page (BTW, where it's going to be located ? Under Download skins section or somewhere else ?), and I trully hope that I wouldn't be the only one who makes new skins...
But, one thing is for sure, and that thing is that I am really first one in the world (Woa) who made custom skin for Avast!, of course after you Martin, but you are member of the Alwil team.

Technical wrote:
Great skin!
Suggestion (I know it could bring a lot of work!): the format of the buttons could be intuitive, I mean, a triangle for the 'play' or start button. In other languages than English, the skin won't be translated.

No, no it's not gonna be big trouble for me, but I'm thinking... who in the world doesn't know what is START and STOP ? Plus, triangular button would break nice and softy Mac kinda look...

Pavel Wrote:
Well, that's easy question indeed   !
You can see our avast! Pro pricelist and directly buy it here...

I know, but that's the main reason I asked... I'm still not allowed to have a credit card here in Canada. I came here 1 and a half year ago, and I don't have enoughj credit history - so my bank doesn't allow me to have a credit card yet... "yet" is the key word. I'm still waiting for their letter... until that happen, I have to use this free version. But, I'm dead serious... You guys deserve every single cent, 'cause program is so userfriendly and useful !

Regards !

NOTE TO ALL: Please replace my first version of the skin with new FINAL one, when Vlk upload it somewhere...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2004, 07:02:52 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Novak

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2004, 11:59:35 AM »
Sasha wrote:
I just did it Martin and I hope you guys are going to love it now... I didn't change color saturation only, but windows now have different shape (take a look at corners).

ok, it's also good solution ;)

Sasha wrote:
I'm happy because of new page (BTW, where it's going to be located ? Under Download skins section or somewhere else ?), and I trully hope that I wouldn't be the only one who makes new skins...

Finally, we won't create new page and all skins will be located under download skin section.

Sasha wrote:
But, one thing is for sure, and that thing is that I am really first one in the world (Woa) who made custom skin for Avast!, of course after you Martin, but you are member of the Alwil team.

Congratulation :) :)

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2004, 12:13:10 PM »
Thanks Novak !

You wrote:
Finally, we won't create new page and all skins will be located under download skin section.

That's good enough... you can just upload all those new future skins in same download section, and put a signature of every author with small description of skin design... that'll do the job.

But, we must not forget your wonderful GFX job you did for Alwil. You are original in the first place. Your skins are wonderful especially Red Circle (my favourite), Petite Blue and Blue panel...

Keep up good artworking man. People like you make me wanna give my best !!!

Another question:

OK, I finished latest version, and checked everything all over again... everything works great ! I sent you my skin so many times, but you must understand me... I don't want you guys to publish something that is not perfect. Program is super, so skin must be at least good working. You probably know that better than me...

This version is error free, and you can publish it without second thoughts. I named this one "Craftec-G2" (it should be Craftec-G5, but no matter) to make it clear and to avoit confusion, which was made by me in the first place... :(

Please, erase all other versions, and use this one.
Had Vlk received "Craftec-G2" latest version yesterday ? If not, let me know, so I can send you now...

Regards !
« Last Edit: January 07, 2004, 01:31:13 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2004, 01:14:53 PM »
OK the final version of the G5 skin is now available for download from our main website... ;D

Thanks Craftec, good job!

Vlk

Novak

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2004, 01:39:49 PM »
Sasha wrote:
That's good enough... you can just upload all those new future skins in same download section, and put a signature of every author with small description of skin design... that'll do the job.

every your skin will contain small description with some author's signature .... but no like that ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sasha wrote:
But, we must not forget your wonderful GFX job you did for Alwil. You are original in the first place. Your skins are wonderful especially Red Circle (my favourite), Petite Blue and Blue panel...

Keep up good artworking man. People like you make me wanna give my best !!!

Oooouuuu thanks :)

Sasha wrote:
OK, I finished latest version, and checked everything all over again... everything works great ! I sent you my skin so many times, but you must understand me... I don't want you guys to publish something that is not perfect. Program is super, so skin must be at least good working. You probably know that better than me...

This version is error free, and you can publish it without second thoughts. I named this one "Craftec-G2" (it should be Craftec-G5, but no matter) to make it clear and to avoit confusion, which was made by me in the first place... :(

Don't worry ... we will test your skin before publish to web

I don't know, if you know about ActivSkin Modify Hue feature (Tools -> Modify Hue) .... try it on your skin Craftec-G2 .... it's not bad ;)

Sasha wrote:
Have Vlk received "Craftec-G2" latest version yesterday ? If not, let me know, so I can send you now...

Yes, Vlk received your latest version

Novak

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2004, 01:54:37 PM »
OK, thanks guys again and thank you hundred more times !

Signature like that (my funny picture) ? No, no... hehe  ;D

But, it would be fair and great if you add Novak's name next to all those skins he made. I mean, people should know who made those wonderful skins... IMHO

I didn't look at Hue feature in Skin Builder, but I promise, I'll take a look right a way... but, just as I said, this G5 skin is finished (I don't wanna bother you by sending another one...doh !) and I can proudly say: "that project is finally closed". I'll use hue feature in my next skin project...

I love you all !!! You made my life more interesting, and all those people in the forum are THE GREATEST BUNCH of guys... I'll stick around for longer period of time, as I wish you 1000 more successful years...

Cheers !

Sasha

Novak

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2004, 02:15:15 PM »
Sasha wrote:
I didn't look at Hue feature in Skin Builder, but I promise, I'll take a look right a way... but, just as I said, this G5 skin is finished (I don't wanna bother you by sending another one...doh !) and I can proudly say: "that project is finally closed". I'll use hue feature in my next skin project...

Sasha only try it on your final version or you can open Red Circle in ActiveSkin .... it will take just a minute .... Modify Hue changes Hue of the whole skin.

Novak

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2004, 02:36:43 PM »
Oh, you mean that hue, color shift in degrees... It's really nice, but it makes my G5 skin looks too colorfull. I used some light colors, so I thing it's a bit better if I leave it in original color scheme. I'll try it on some other projects...

But, Novak... tell me something else... translucent (transparency) effect is what I'm interested in. I can make all my bitmaps transparent if I use Macromedia's Fireworks MX 2004, but I can save them like that only in GIF and PNG. There is no TGA export file type. Skin Builder won't import anything else but BMP and TGA. I use Fireworks, 'cause it's great for optimizing pictures for WEB without loosing quality that much... What is the best tool for preparing graphics you can recommend ? (with those export formats where I can save transparency values inside picture files). Photoshop or something else ?

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2004, 02:42:50 PM »
There's a Q about preparing TGA images using Photoshop in the ActiveSkin help file -- FAQ section...

Vlk

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2004, 02:49:23 PM »
Ok, thanks. I'll take a look and no other than install Photoshop again... I thought I got rid of it once for all, but... life is strange...

Cheers!

Novak

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2004, 03:33:41 PM »
Sasha wrote:
But, Novak... tell me something else... translucent (transparency) effect is what I'm interested in. I can make all my bitmaps transparent if I use Macromedia's Fireworks MX 2004, but I can save them like that only in GIF and PNG. There is no TGA export file type. Skin Builder won't import anything else but BMP and TGA. I use Fireworks, 'cause it's great for optimizing pictures for WEB without loosing quality that much... What is the best tool for preparing graphics you can recommend ? (with those export formats where I can save transparency values inside picture files). Photoshop or something else ?

Sorry, but i don't know anything about Fireworks, I use Photoshop 7 it's number one:-) ... but after instalation is a problem with TGA there. So you must download this update http://download.com.com/3302-2192-10144150.html

Novak

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2004, 04:01:33 PM »
OK, thanks again my friend !!!

Cheers !