Author Topic: Avast Passwords reject password  (Read 2558 times)

REDACTED

Avast Passwords reject password
« on: July 10, 2018, 07:34:43 PM »
My password for Avast Passwords doesn't' work anymore. I don't remember changing it. Why can't I use Password no longer?
Thank You for answering
Hana

Offline Daniel Hustava

• Avast team
Re: Avast Passwords reject password
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 12:46:36 PM »
Hi Hana,

I'm afraid I can't help you if you forgot the master password. If you were synchronising and have some other approved device, you can delete the vault on this device, set it up and start synchronisation again.

Dan

Offline 4lakewylie

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 10:21:45 PM »
I have the same problem.   Password was written down.  It is no longer accepted for password app but still works for account.   

Offline Daniel Hustava

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 01:45:54 PM »
Hi 4lakewylie,

Can you please:
1.) Run following command in cmd.exe (via Start -> Run -> "cmd") and provide its output?

Code: [Select]
tree /F "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Avast Software\APM"
2.) Run regedit.exe (via Start -> Run -> "regedit") and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AVAST Software\Avast\PRIVATE. There should be a key called PAMVaultLocation and I'll need to know its value. In case you get access error, please disable Avast self-defense module first in Avast's settings (Troubleshooting section).

In your case, I suspect you have multiple vaults and the application chose the wrong one to work with at the startup. The info above will help me to figure out if you have multiple vaults and how is the selection process set up.

Dan