Author Topic: RDP/Keylogger  (Read 5855 times)

Offline Oriour

RDP/Keylogger
« on: July 13, 2018, 04:34:40 AM »
So today I decided to check my email and I received a message extorting me for money with a user and password combo that I rarely use nowadays and for limited throwaway stuff. The sender claimed through a vid they hijacked my browser and turned it into a RDP and keylogger, which was I guess how they got the user and pass. Thing is, even though this extortion is new, I don't know how old their info is. They like, got some info wrong and threatening my social media life kinda only works if I have one.

here's the basic body of the message
"When you were busy watching video clips, your web browser began working as a Rdp (Remote desktop) that has a key logger which gave me accessibility to your display as well as webcam. Right after that, my software program collected all your contacts from messenger, fb, as well as email. "

Anyways, enough of my life story. I've already made peace with my social life, all five of them. What I'm concerned about is if there are lingering threats that need to be dealt with. Again, I don't know how old his info is, it may be from days when I was less aware of internet security. A quick run of malwarebytes and a full scan of Avast is giving me negatives. I was wondering if someone could assist in looking at my logs and seeing if they check out?

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Offline Oriour

Re: RDP/Keylogger
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 04:43:15 AM »
Nevermind, I got duped by a scam. https://krebsonsecurity.com/2018/07/sextortion-scam-uses-recipients-hacked-passwords/

And here I thought I was someone special. Sorry for wasting anyone's time.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 05:31:15 AM by Oriour »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: RDP/Keylogger
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 07:57:27 AM »