Author Topic: When Disconnecting From SecureLine, The Entire Internet Connection Disconnects  (Read 6205 times)

Offline slyfox57

Hello,
My SecureLine was working great until one day it decided when I clicked on the Disconnect Link to go back on a non SecureLine, the entire computer CRASHED, almost losing all of my computer files.  Now I am too scare to enable it, as it will CRASH again.  I can not get any type of refund, as it has been about 4 months since I renewed SecureLine and it is part of my Avast Internet Security.   Any suggestions, Please?  I have already contacted Support and they are NO HELP at all and could care less about my problem. 
Since it is paid for until next April 2019, I will keep it, not use it, until that so called standalone beta version may replace the SecureLine I am using now.

Offline Raeken

• Deutsch living in France
I really doubt that SecureLine is the real cause of it. I never seen a VPN service causing issues like this.
If you want, repair your installation or reinstall, and try again.  ;)
Windows 11 Pro - Version 21H2 - 64 Bits | Avast SecureLine VPN - Standalone

Offline slyfox57

Thanks for trying to help me, but I did what you suggested, with NO LUCK.  You mentioned you doubt if it is SecureLine causing my issues.  Well, it is, as the link to Disconnect is in the SecureLine program.
Any possible way, I could remove the SecureLine component, move it to my other computer and use it as a standalone SecureLine, please?   If I can do that, then I will use Opera as my browser which has a FREE VPN installed in it for this computer.  Does that make any sense or not, please?
I really like Avast Internet Security and I have been with Avast a long time.  If the above does not work, or will not work,  I will just take the loss and continue on with Avast. 
I was hoping one of the Experts on this forum may have a solution, besides yourself that just maybe something will work.  Anyway thanks again for trying to help me

Offline Raeken

• Deutsch living in France
Yes, you can. Just remove the SecureLine VPN component, install the standalone version and you're ready to go.
And, you can do it on your "main" computer and see if nothing wrong happens again, as well.

But, please, use the 2.0 Beta version:
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=219647.0

Please, tell us if it worked. ;)
Windows 11 Pro - Version 21H2 - 64 Bits | Avast SecureLine VPN - Standalone