Author Topic: Help deleting Avast Cleanup  (Read 2453 times)

REDACTED

Help deleting Avast Cleanup
« on: July 18, 2018, 01:08:14 AM »
Hello,

I'm asking this for a friend, who wants to uninstall Avast Cleanup, but he can't do it because it keeps telling him the app is running in the background, even though it isn't - I checked it on the Activity Monitor, and even it though it shows zero usage of CPU I ordered it to terminate a few times, but for no use.
He's not sure whether or not he has bought the app, so he can't log in the thus doesn't have the option to uninstall it from within the app, like it says so in this post https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Mac-Cleanup-FAQ .
Any help would be great!
Thanks! :)

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
Re: Help deleting Avast Cleanup
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 11:49:41 AM »
Hello, this isn't expected behavior - may be a bug. Could you ask your friend to
1) update the product with "Check for updates" from app menu
2) send us logs - Help > Send Feedback

Best regards
Lukas
Quality is also a feature.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 03:48:10 AM »
Thanks for the help, but I can't do that - because I'm not logged in to the app, I don't have the option to do pretty much anything from withing the app.
What should I do?

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 01:48:22 PM »
Thanks for the help, but I can't do that - because I'm not logged in to the app, I don't have the option to do pretty much anything from withing the app.
What should I do?
I'm really lost. What exactly do you mean by "I'm not logged in to the app"? There is no log in option in the Avast Cleanup. Just run it and choose the Uninstall from menu.

If you prefer command line then you can 1) open the Terminal 2) run "open /Applications/AvastCleanup.app/Contents/Uninstaller.app"

Quality is also a feature.