Other > Viruses and worms

I hate when folks don't take my recommendations

(1/2) > >>

REDACTED:
OK,

Let's get this party started. I am working with my sister to clean her computer which she lets her husband use who thinks that he is Superman. He believes he is bulletproof when using a Windows machine, for some reason, maybe just to irk me. Wouldn't allow me to download Windows updates until I ran the Malwarebytes scan and once it did allow me to complete, it took two hours to download and install.  In any case, thanks for all that you guys and gals do.

Peace

Sass Drake:
It seems that MBAM removed old PUA. What probles yo ucurrently have with that laptop?

REDACTED:
Do you mean that they previously removed PUPs? I saw one of the reports report a trojan in a previous scan by MBytes. After I performed the scan with rootkits, MBytes showed ten more alerts. So, I am concerned as to whether there is any kind of rootkit issue. I have removed some ridiculous start-up programs from Microsoft and it seems that it is loading quicker but I wonder why it isn't loading even quicker with 6megs of RAM. Really slow before the removal of malware by MBytes. It is working more stable now.

Sass Drake:
You can uninstall programs you don't need and which starts with Windows. For example: Toshiba bloatware and Citrix programs if you don't need it. You could also try to another antivirus program.

REDACTED:
It is not my computer. She gets to use what she likes on that end in regards to virus protection and yes I prefer Avast. She uses Citrix for her job sometimes so that has to stay. Soooooooo, are you saying that you think the unit is clean?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version