Author Topic: Secure Browser installed without consent - my journey with Avast ends here  (Read 3170 times)

REDACTED

This may sound like just some stupid rant, but I am truly fed up now...
I always pay attention to what I install, opting out of installing junk as much as possible. There was no word about Secure Browser throughout, then all of a sudden it just popped out of nowhere on my my quick launch bar, also hijacking my default browser settings.

This ends here. I will not ever again give a chance to any Avast product, and will go out of my way to talk everyone out of using it. Will not renew any of our Avast subscriptions, and I will definitely dedicate efforts to actively educate clients, colleagues, friends, anyone, about why it is not a good idea for an internet security product to behave like spyware.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 01:49:51 PM by powpow »

REDACTED

Ditto. I've had Avast for years and of course installed it when setting up my family's computers, but sorry you don't get to sneak-install software and hijack my browser settings. My 74 year-old mom is not going to have any idea what happened to "fox browser" when this BS takes over.

Dick move, Avast. See ya.

Offline DanJaq

I can understand you very well as I had the same thoughts.
Yet, I'm staying with Avast because I actually find the Secure Browser pretty useful although I dislike its habit that it shows upon every update:
It re-checks all options as to standard browser and autostart and I have to remove them every single time.

But I am going to keep an eye on it and stay alert.