Author Topic: Malware Threat  (Read 1749 times)

REDACTED

Malware Threat
« on: July 19, 2018, 11:54:53 AM »
I just received a malware threat. I have not knowingly ever clicked on a suspicious link. I have no idea if the threat is real or a hoax.
I run Avast Security on a Mac. I do not have the Ransomware Shield option installed. What is the best way to quickly check if the threat is real  get the ransomware upgrade and scan, go into safe mode and scan from there (after getting Ransomware Shield), or some other way.

Thanks.

Text of the email is:

Hi.
I hope you don\'t care about my language sentence structure, because i\'m from Denmark. I infected your device with a virus and im in possession of all your personal information from your os.
It was mounted on a mature internet page then you\'ve picked the online video,  it, my software instantly gain access to your system.
Then simply, your front-cam started to record you going manual, besides i documented a movie that you have looked at.
Soon after a short while it also pulled out every one of your device contact information. If you wish me to remove your everything i have got - give me 870 dollars in bitcoin it is a cryptocurrency. It\'s my btc account address : 1CfVAj7Hfuumxa1TqwBW3f9qV1fyYGwgrG
At this moment you have 28hr s. to decide As soon as i will get the transfer i\'m going wipe out this evidence and every thing thoroughly. In any other case, you should remember that this footage is going to be submitted to all your friends.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Malware Threat
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 12:01:02 PM »
A scam, you can safely ignore it.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0