Author Topic: A testimonial to an amazing product.  (Read 4139 times)

Offline Bonypart

A testimonial to an amazing product.
« on: January 04, 2019, 05:09:47 PM »
As a first time user of Avast Cleanup Premium I am highly impressed and wish to convey my thanks to the developers. For many weeks my desktop has been freezing with no cursor movement and no way to Ctrl/Alt/Del and the only choice was to reboot. I tried everything in the book from updating to drivers, repairing my registry, freeing shadow copy disc space etc, etc but all to no avail.

As a user of Avast Internet Security I was tempted to try Avast Cleanup Premium purely as a last resort to see if it could resolve my daily frustration and it blew my mind. The application is seriously fast to find errors and the choices are left to you to decide whether to proceed. In my case, within a few seconds loads of registry errors were resolved and my computer has been returned to how it was before. I would also mention that it is much faster due to the ability of Avast Cleanup to provide sleep options for many apps that really do not need to be running in the background  but, when they are needed they are instantly restored.

Thank you Avast for an excellent product and one that I will continue to subscribe to.

P.S. Note to Avast: Please ask your webmaster to update the fact that the current year is 2019. The only way to post this was by entering 2018!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 05:13:50 PM by Bonypart »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: A testimonial to an amazing product.
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 07:20:12 PM »
P.S. Note to Avast: Please ask your webmaster to update the fact that the current year is 2019. The only way to post this was by entering 2018!
Thanks for your report, I forwarded it to the forum admin. Cheers
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 10:49:31 AM »
As a first time user of Avast Cleanup Premium I am highly impressed and wish to convey my thanks to the developers. For many weeks my desktop has been freezing with no cursor movement and no way to Ctrl/Alt/Del and the only choice was to reboot. I tried everything in the book from updating to drivers, repairing my registry, freeing shadow copy disc space etc, etc but all to no avail.

As a user of Avast Internet Security I was tempted to try Avast Cleanup Premium purely as a last resort to see if it could resolve my daily frustration and it blew my mind. The application is seriously fast to find errors and the choices are left to you to decide whether to proceed. In my case, within a few seconds loads of registry errors were resolved and my computer has been returned to how it was before. I would also mention that it is much faster due to the ability of Avast Cleanup to provide sleep options for many apps that really do not need to be running in the background  but, when they are needed they are instantly restored.

Thank you Avast for an excellent product and one that I will continue to subscribe to.

Hi,

thank you very much for praising our product! We are really glad that it helps you and makes your life easier.
We will do our best to keep it that way to keep you happy.

We wish you all the best in the new year!

Thank you.
Avast Cleanup team!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 07:46:03 AM »
Thanks for your report, I forwarded it to the forum admin. Cheers
Note, it should be fixed now. :)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Bonypart

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 12:13:47 PM »
I am the original poster of this testimonial. The product is brilliant and I was so pleased with it that I subscribed at the reduced price of £19.99. Within two days I received confirmation and then another email advised me that the product has been successfully converted to a Full version with another charge of £39.99. Total £59.98!!

I then did a search for 'avast unauthorised charge' and was horrified with the magnitude of customer complaints about double charging so I filled in the Return Request form and there was no response that the form had been received. I now want a complete refund of £59.98 and I am so disgusted with Avast that I will be cancelling my subscription to Avast Interent Security Premium as well.

It is disgraceful that Avast can produce excellent products and yet at the same time blindingly ignore these double charge complaints for years. Oh the forums are rife with apologies, PM me and suchlike but the bottom line is that Avast must be losing customers hand over foot and I am one example of this.

Never again!
Order ID: 58671452000 AND 31726003408

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2019, 04:13:15 PM »
-> https://support.avast.com/article/24/ (Orders/Renewals/Refunds)

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 03:45:06 PM »
Hi Bonypart,

I can confirm that we have received your refund requests and they have been approved and processed under our 30-day money back guarantee. Please be aware, it may take between 5 to 7 business days for our distributor to complete the refund process, and to have the funds back in your account.

I would like to explain why this happened: initially, you had a 60-day trial license for Avast Cleanup Premium, which was set to auto-renew and convert to a paid license at the end of the trial. You then purchased the discounted license one day before the trial converted to a full license (when the £39.99 was charged).

The license purchased at the reduced price did not cancel the auto-renewal subscription for your trial license because it was processed as completely separate order. Our system is set up in this way in order to allow customers to purchase multiple licenses for the same product, so that it possible to purchase licenses for the same product to use on multiple computers.

I am sorry for any misunderstandings about the situation.