Author Topic: Checked by Avast  (Read 5779 times)

REDACTED

Checked by Avast
« on: July 29, 2018, 03:36:06 PM »
Hello,
How can I make "Check by Avast" appear automatically in the mails I send, that I forward?
I installed the free version of Avast for Mac (version 13.9) and my Mac runs on Sierra OS version 10.12.6

Thank you for your answers

Philippe

Offline ondrej.kolacek

• Avast team
Re: Checked by Avast
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 10:38:04 AM »
Hello,
I am not sure what exactly are you asking about. Avast Mail Shield only scans incoming mail, and does not edit the mail body to add the information that it has scanned the mail.
Kind regards,
Ondrej Kolacek

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 10:46:26 AM »
Hello Ondrej and thank you for your answer.
I will try to be clear.
When I write an email and I send it I would like Avast to add a message saying that this email has been verified by Avast and that it does not contain any viruses.
I hope to be clearer.
Thanks in advance
Philippe

Offline ondrej.kolacek

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 10:56:44 AM »
Hello,
there is no way to do this, because it would be a lie. We only scan INCOMING mail, we do not scan outgoing mail. While our fileshield scans files you are adding to the attachment, etc., the outgoing mail is not being checked for viruses; the idea is that Avast should ensure that there are no viruses on your computer so they should not be anything in outgoing mail; this is why we do not scan outgoing mail (yet).
Kind regards,
Ondrej Kolacek

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2018, 11:05:04 AM »
Hello Ondrej and thank you for your answer and I understand very well the latter.
BUT it seems to me (and when it will be the case, I will send it to you) to have already received mails saying that this mail was verified by Avast and that it does not contain virus!
Thanks in advance
Philippe

Offline ondrej.kolacek

• Avast team
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2018, 11:18:19 AM »
Hello,
it is possible that you have been using mail provider (or someone who sent you a mail did use mail provider) that scans all the mails and adds these footers. Quite a lot of mail providers use our scanning engine to ensure that their mail does not contain viruses. It is also possible that our Windows version does scan outgoing mail and adds these footers.
Kind regards,
Ondrej Kolacek

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 11:20:41 AM »
It is also possible that our Windows version does scan outgoing mail and adds these footers.
Hi Ondrej, it does. Cheers
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 11:29:41 AM »
Ondrej,

I believe user has possibly used the windows version of Avast in the past, which adds these footers

Cheers,
Mac
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2018, 11:47:30 AM »
ok, thanks for all

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2018, 11:52:11 AM »
Ondrej,

I believe user has possibly used the windows version of Avast in the past, which adds these footers

Cheers,
Mac
Hello

Not necessarily, the user already receives this signature from avast for windows users on his own mails that he receives when they have configured the general settings of the interface by checking the box "enable avast email signature" (windows)
philippe.thiriet only wants to know if there is this possibility in the avast MAC interface, ... Obviously not?

« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 12:29:49 PM by chris.. »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2018, 12:02:32 PM »
philippe.thiriet only wants to know if there is this possibility in the avast MAC interface, ... Obviously not?
Hi Chris, no such option on Mac, see Reply #3.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2018, 12:46:36 PM »
see Reply #3.
there is no way to do this, because it would be a lie.
So , what about windows outgoing mail avast scan ? A lie too ?
It is also possible that our Windows version does scan outgoing mail and adds these footers.
It is indeed like that with the windows product, I think. (see my screenshot #9)
Why not with MAC without it being a lie ?
I don't think avast needs to scan all the HD to input signature (Windows or MAC) , just attachments ?
MAC avast developers can't they take the intervention of philippe.thiriet as a suggestion for future MAC versions?
As far as I'm concerned (on Windows), I don't use the function and I don't mind not doing a little advertising on avast

However,  philippe.thiriet has its answer, not planned for the MAC version

It was just the explanation given by ondrej.kolacek that seemed surprising to me "a lie"

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 01:00:13 PM by chris.. »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2018, 01:03:50 PM »
So , what about windows outgoing mail avast scan ? A lie too ?
Nope. But comparing apples to oranges won't help here. ;)

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2018, 01:18:42 PM »
My intention was never to compare but to know if the signature is viable and possible on Avast MAC versions in the future.
Or if it is totally incompatible for avast to say "verified by avast" when sending mails under MAC (Avast does not scan in real time the attachments sent?)

Offline ondrej.kolacek

• Avast team
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2018, 01:46:22 PM »
Maybe I am not clear. Since on Mac we do not scan outgoing messages, it does not make sense to add such footer to outgoing mail.