Author Topic: missing scanlog folder & files  (Read 3231 times)

REDACTED

missing scanlog folder & files
« on: May 25, 2018, 09:00:14 PM »
I'm trying to locate the scanlog files on my Mac.  There is no such file within either the system Library/Application Support/Avast folder or my user ~/Library/Application Support/Avast folder.
Clicking on "Open Report" from the notification after a scan doesn't open anything.
The report section of the app is also empty other than saying that scans were run with no infections.

The scans so far show no infections but many files unable to be scanned.  I want a list of those files.
Where can I find it?
Thanks.

Offline ondrej.kolacek

• Avast team
Re: missing scanlog folder & files
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 04:35:25 PM »
Hello,
please in Reports section select the scan you are interested in, right click the display area and select "Non-scanned". Please note that "Skipped due to exclusion settings" is shown for some mount points as these exceptions are generated automatically.
Kind regards,
Ondrej Kolacek

Offline ondrej.kolacek

• Avast team
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2018, 12:50:23 PM »
The task seems to commence at the scheduled time and the appropriate computername folders and logfile.txt files are created, but the logfile.txt files remain empty with no scan information being logged to the files. Event 1203 (On-Demand Scan Completed) doesn't seem to be logged with ePO implying the scans do not run beyond creating the log file.
Are you sure you are talking about Mac Avast Antivirus? This is Mac forum, and your problem does not seem to correlate with how stuff works in Mac AV; maybe you want to go to windows section of the forums?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2018, 01:00:37 PM »
The task seems to commence at the scheduled time and the appropriate computername folders and logfile.txt files are created, but the logfile.txt files remain empty with no scan information being logged to the files. Event 1203 (On-Demand Scan Completed) doesn't seem to be logged with ePO implying the scans do not run beyond creating the log file.
Are you sure you are talking about Mac Avast Antivirus? This is Mac forum, and your problem does not seem to correlate with how stuff works in Mac AV; maybe you want to go to windows section of the forums?

From another of his posts, https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=217519.msg1471166#msg1471166 it would seem he stated he is using Sophos.

Yet in another he stated he installed avast today, https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=220465.msg1471164#msg1471164.  So there could be some remnants/conflict with Sophos.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 01:02:41 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security