Author Topic: Checked by Avast  (Read 5743 times)

Offline ondrej.kolacek

• Avast team
Re: Checked by Avast
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2018, 02:16:49 PM »
My intention was never to compare but to know if the signature is viable and possible on Avast MAC versions in the future.
Or if it is totally incompatible for avast to say "verified by avast" when sending mails under MAC (Avast does not scan in real time the attachments sent?)
Hello,

Historically Mac Avast never scanned outgoing mail. I have tried to describe why scanning of outgoing mail was not deemed essential to implement - that is since we try to catch threats when they are incoming. This does not mean that it is useless to implement outgoing mail scan, we just did not do it (yet). If we ever do it, it would make sense (at least for advertising purpose :) ) to add such a footer to outgoing mail, and we would most likely add such an option. But adding it now would be a lie, as the mail is not really checked by us. Also please note that the teams that implement Mac and Windows antivirus are different, and the code base is also not the same.

Kind regards,
Ondrej Kolacek

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Re: Checked by Avast
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2018, 05:31:39 PM »
Thank you, presented like that it is much clearer and adequate

(at least for advertising purpose :) )
That's what I was thinking, a lot of people are sensitive to the little marketing sentence  ;) ;D not for apples not for oranges ... but for avast
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 05:33:37 PM by chris.. »