Author Topic: Avast Business Managed: "DNS Resolve has failed"  (Read 46081 times)

Offline tomsc

• Avast team
Re: Avast Business Managed: "DNS Resolve has failed"
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2018, 01:14:39 PM »
You may want to add a fallback also: If an update via Master Agent fails, a direct online update should be performed. A Master Agent could be unreachable for several reasons. But an up to date client is essential.

Absolutely. Fallback update method will get fixed as well.

REDACTED

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2018, 03:27:32 PM »
We're having the exact same issues on a few customers' networks. Avast seems to be interfering with local DNS queries. Even if the computer only has a local DNS server in it's configuration it's still getting DNS requests from external servers. This, of course, is causing Active Directory issues.

REDACTED

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2018, 11:05:37 PM »
I updated my Avast this morning, and immediately had a DNS service error.  Since it was ONLY affecting 1 device, I used system restore, and restored to a previous state.  The system restore was successful, and I was back online.    I then created a new restore point, and updated Avast. Once again, I had a DNS server error.  I will update Avast as soon as I know this problem with the update is fixed.

My advice - restore your system to a restore point created PRIOR to the Avast update. This should get you back online, until Avast fixes this bug.

Edited to add the File ID created by the Avast Support tool:  B1495
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 11:47:15 PM by GoldenNeko »

Offline Libor Ambruz

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2018, 09:09:21 AM »
Hello, I want to inform you that we are preparing uUpdate containing fix of the issues with DNS for AV 18.5 that caused problems with detection of the mirror server.

Unfortunately, part of the fix is also in the CloudCare agent, which hasn't been approved by their QA yet and the problem with the fallback is in the code of setup, which can't be updated by uUdpdate at all. So the issue should be completely solved in the AV 18.6, which we are releasing at the beginning of September.

Thank you for your patience

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2018, 09:23:30 AM »
Thanks Libor, at least we've a timeframe now...
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Libor Ambruz

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2018, 04:10:51 PM »
Hello, we are in the final phase of testing the uUpdate. It'll be released in few days.

Offline Help33

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2018, 09:34:06 PM »
When an update/fix will be available???? it's already September!!!!!
Currently, we got over 40 machines that unable to update definition since last month...This is unacceptable...  >:(

REDACTED

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2018, 10:04:19 AM »
We need the update ASAP

REDACTED

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2018, 09:35:15 PM »
This is happening to us too! Is there a solution?

REDACTED

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2018, 12:36:08 PM »
Any time-frame we can give clients on release of 18.6  and console 6?   

Many clients have started trials of competitor AV vendors. It is very frustrating dealing with daily complaints about mirror updates failing and not being able to give a clear answer. We seem very unprofessional and I agree with clients.

Please Avast, we are losing lifelong avast clients like wild fire. Customers ranging from 5 to 3600 seat licenses.

Offline Libor Ambruz

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2018, 05:23:09 PM »
Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear about the problems, but the promised uUpdate fixing this issue in AV 18.5 (at least at our side) was released at the end of August. You can try to check content of the key named "MicroUpdates" in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\AVAST Software\Avast" path of your registry. You should find uUpdate number 377=unixtime placed here, if it was already updated.

Unfortunately, this uUpdate doesn't fix the issue in the UpdateProxy.dll in case that you use CloudCare and also the problem with downloading from avast servers in the setup (if mirror is unavailable). However, it should help you with the downloading issue if you use the managed Avast Business Antivirus.

Regarding the AV 18.6 and console 6 which contain all the fixes included: we are finalizing tests of the console 6.0 together with AV 18.6, however, we need to synchronize the testing with the CloudCare and Managed Workplace team. I'm really sorry but I can't tell you any specific date at the moment as we are dependent on the other teams, but I hope it will be soon.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 05:26:07 PM by Libor Ambruz »

REDACTED

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2018, 08:54:31 AM »
So much of lying to clients  >:( >:( ... Your support was promising us for early Sept. 2018 release and now you cant even give us a date. >:( >:( >:(

Lesson learned .. never trust AVAST as a company or even as a forum member  >:( >:(

REDACTED

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2018, 09:00:26 AM »
Any time-frame we can give clients on release of 18.6  and console 6?   

Many clients have started trials of competitor AV vendors. It is very frustrating dealing with daily complaints about mirror updates failing and not being able to give a clear answer. We seem very unprofessional and I agree with clients.

Please Avast, we are losing lifelong avast clients like wild fire. Customers ranging from 5 to 3600 seat licenses.

Hi... Since AVAST become a joke ..can you please help us with any recommended competitor AV vendors?

you can send me the details on my personal email: kabooos-28@hotmail.com

many thanks friend 8)

Offline Christoph72

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2018, 02:51:01 PM »
Still no solution? Is Programversion 18.5.2535 the latest one? Any possibility to download and install the latest signatures manually, eg via hyperlink?

Offline Help33

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2018, 05:01:32 PM »
this is a completely f*** up way of dealing with an update fixed from a company with a bunch of software engineers/departments who don't communicate between themselves to address this issue ASAP!!!!!!!