Author Topic: Cannot sync passwords back to firefox  (Read 2661 times)

REDACTED

Cannot sync passwords back to firefox
« on: July 30, 2018, 11:50:30 PM »
After installing the avast passwords extension on firefox it deleted all my saved logins. I've decided I didn't like the avast password & wanted to go back to having my firefox browser store the passwords again. I followed the instructions for restoring them for firefox version 57.x & above here https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/274/ but it will not import them. I've removed the avast passwords add-on from the browser in case it was causing a conflict but still have no luck importing them back into firefox. Is there any other way to restore them?

Offline Daniel Hustava

• Avast team
Re: Cannot sync passwords back to firefox
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 10:05:02 AM »
Hi Shorty,

If you have your passwords in Chrome as the article says, then in Firefox go to Preferences -> Privacy & Security -> Saved Logins -> Import -> Chrome. I tried import from latest chrome to lastest Firefox and it worked correctly.

Dan

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 04:01:46 AM »
A stupid step from the avast program to delete passwords from firefox without my permission, and in case you want to restore it there is no easy way directly
The worst program for managing passwords is avast!
I will not rely on the avast program again.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 09:14:09 AM »
Stimme dem vorigen Beitrag voll zu!! Ich will meine Passwörter wieder in Firefox! Wie kann ich Avast vollständig von meinem PC (Win7) entfernen?